Any professional recording engineer will tell you that quality microphone/instrument preamps are just as important as the microphones themselves. Unfortunately, the preamps found in most affordable mixers don't do justice to the rest of your gear and most high-quality preamps cost more than your computer. That's why M-Audio made the affordable new DMP3.
Why a DMP3
The DMP3 isn't just any 2-channel microphone/instrument preamp. M-Audio's design team embarked on a mission to combine years of experience with the finest components in order to bring you an impressive blend of high quality and affordable price. Whether you use it live or in the studio, the DMP3 is one of those pieces of gear destined to be integral in defining your sound.
An astounding frequency response of 20Hz to 100kHz makes the DMP3 ideal for today's 96k recording work and the perfect companion for the M-Audio Delta line of PCI audio interface cards. High and low gain controls accommodate a wide range of microphone and instrument levels, offering up to a substantial 66dB of gain. And the classic VU meters are just one indication of the soul you'll find in the DMP3's sound.
- Optimizing signal level
- Recording with soundcards
- Direct recording of instruments
- 2-channel preamp with XLR microphone inputs and 1/4 in. instrument inputs accommodates any type of audio signal
- Balanced outputs on TRS jacks deliver hum-free professional audio
- Low harmonic distortion (THD + N: .002%…
@ 1kHz) for ultra-clean sound
- Exceptional dynamic range to capture all the nuances of your music
- 20Hz to 100kHz frequency response (+0/-1dB) ideal for 96k digital recording
- High and low gain range controls offer up to 66dB of gain
- Clip LED for visual feedback of detrimental levels
- Low-cut filters remove unwanted rumble and hum
- Phantom power to accommodate all types of microphones
- Phase reverse switch on each channel insures optimal recordings
All of these great DMP3 features are brought to you by M-Audio, one of the most trusted companies in audio technology today. In fact, the DMP3 is based on the same DMP2 technology that won Pro Audio Review's highest rating. Welcome to the M-Audio DMP3 professional sound quality made affordable.