M-Audio BX8 D3 Active Studio Monitor
M-Audio BX8 D3 monitors represent the return of a studio icon and the successor to the industry-renowned BX D2 monitors. Trusted by recording/mix engineers and composers globally, M-Audio's BX monitors guarantee absolute surgical precision and repeatable engineering excellence.
Get a closer look at M-Audio's BX D3 series of studio monitor speakers in this video:
The M-Audio BX8 D3 studio reference monitors allows you to listen with confidence so you'll hear everything in lifelike detail, so your mixes and recordings will sound their best!
A studio monitor is no ordinary loudspeaker. Unlike a conventional speaker, a true monitor must be unerringly accurate, with a flat frequency response and vanishingly low distortion. It has to tell you, the music producer -- dependably and unquestionably -- exactly what is or is not in your recording. In a studio-grade monitor speaker, there is no place for the usual list of speaker colorations and limitations prevalent in conventional loudspeakers. Response peaks\dips, uneven polar response, high THD, nasal midrange, bloated mid-bass, and crossover-induced phase incoherence do nothing but undermine the confidence demanded for superior mix performance.
Monitor Performance Starts with Driver Excellence
A monitor's drivers are the heart and soul of its performance. Driving the low-end and midrange, BX8-D3's 8-inch military-grade Kevlar woofers are rigid and lightweight, delivering outstanding transient response while negating unwanted "cone breakup." BX8-D3's treated silk dome tweeter provides the perfect combination of low mass and the absence of audible resonances that plague conventional tweeters. Together, the BX drivers deliver critical detail, nuance and dynamic accuracy, so your mixes have the veracity and transparency you demand.
More Than Just an Enclosure
With M-Audio's BX8-D3, every detail has been meticulously engineered with one goal in mind - to facilitate the freedom to mix with confidence. BX8-D3 monitors have a rear-mounted bass port, meticulously engineered to the exact length and diameter. The result? Deep, defined bass response with maximum bass extension and resolution. When combined with a smoothly-flared port, BX8-D3 monitors markedly reduce the audibly-intrusive air turbulence that results when bass is played back at high sound pressure levels (SPLs). BX8-D3's tweeter is mounted in a custom waveguide for reliably accurate dispersion that eliminates unwanted high-frequency "scatter," while ensuring a soundstage that remains consistently wide and stable. For seamless setup and easy-location of the optimum listening position, the BX8-D3's front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you#re located in the perfect listening spot, for uncompromisingly accurate and reliable critical evaluations. Finally, BX8-D3's iconic design on the front panel "M-Audio's famous "keyhole" shape" is more than just an attractive look: This special "fastener-less" design ensures so there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from our drivers.
High-Current, High Headroom Class A/B Bi-Amplified Power
Efficient and accurate: Driving the BX8-D3 monitors are two Class A/B internal amplifiers that power the woofer and tweeter separately - each optimized for the specific frequency range it handles and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver. A precision-tuned crossover guarantees each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a sound that is cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum. Play louder with less audible distortion: The BX8-D3 bi-amplified design is a far more efficient and accurate way to power a loudspeaker than using a single full-range amplifier to drive multiple driver elements.
- 150 watts of bi-amplified power
- Wide frequency response from 37 Hz to 22 kHz
- 8" Kevlar woofer with damped rubber surround for accurate, powerful lows and mids
- 1.25" silk dome tweeter to deliver nuanced high-frequency detail
- Waveguide with exclusive computer-optimized design to focus high-frequency dispersion
- Internally flared rear port for optimal bass response
- Positioning LED shines brightest when you're in the optimal listening position
- XLR balanced and 1/4" TRS balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting your interface, mixer, DJ gear, and more.
- Acoustic Space Control lets you adjust the speakers' response to your room
zZounds is an authorized dealer of M-Audio products.
- Frequency Range: 37Hz - 22kHz
- Crossover: 2.0kHz
- Maximum Peak Input Level: -2dBU
- Input Types: Balanced 20kO XLR, and TRS
- Unbalanced: 10kO TS
- Input Sensitivity: -12dBU
- HF Driver Size: 31.8 mm (1.25")
- LF Driver Size: 203 mm (8")
- Amplifier Power: 150W Class A/B
- HF Driver Power Amp: 70W
- LF Driver Power Amp: 80W
- Port: Rear internally flared
- Controls: Yes
- Magnetic Shielding: Yes
- AC Input Voltage: 100-120V, 50/60 Hz 220-240V, 50/60 Hz
- Enclosure Construction: MDF
- Enclosure Finish: Black PVC
- Baffle Construction: Injection-molded ABS
- Baffle Finish: Matte black with Soft-touch
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 384 mm x 250mm x 302mm (15.1" x 9.8" x 11.9")
- Weight: 10.5 kgs (23.1 lbs)
- Display Carton (HxWxD): 398mm x 345mm x 482mm (15.6" x 13.5" x 18.9")
- Shipping Carton (HxWxD): 412mm x 359mm x 502mm (16.2" x 14" x 19.68")
- Shipping Weight: 12.8kgs (28.22lbs)
- Configuration: 2-Way bi-amp
- System Type: Active Monitor
- Fuse Rating: 220-240V~ T1AL, 250V 100#120V~ T2AL, 250V
- Power Consumption: 150W
- Shape: Bass-reflex
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Single Speaker
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):