Based on its revolutionary wavetable synthesizer engine, Argon8M derives much of its heritage and DNA from the highly acclaimed Modal 002. Modal Electronics are proud to the Modal Argon8M synthesizer module. Argon8M joins the growing Modal Electronics family of SKULPTsynthesizer, CRAFTsynth 2.0, Modal 002 Hybrid and Modal 008 Analogue Polyphonic synthesizers.
The Modal 002, first introduced in June 2014 at $4,495 became the benchmark for wavetable synthesis, and is still used and loved by top artists and film and television producers across the globe.
Five years on from Modal 002's introduction, Modal Electronics has created a completely new synthesizer that takes much of the sound design capability and functionality of the Modal 002 and places it in an incredibly compact and price conscious package - the Modal Argon8M.
Bringing eight voices of true polyphony in a professional quality package with features previously never seen at this price point, pushing the bar up in sub $1,000 synthesizers.
120 carefully crafted wavetables split into 24 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets, covering virtual analogue classics through to cutting edge EDM and many from the original Modal 002 as well as a whole range of mathematically generated tables. Additional PWM bank and 4 noise/modulation banks accessible on Oscillator 2
- 32 static wavetable processors including de-rez, wave folders, wave shapers, phase shapers and…
rectify that can be applied to the 120 wavetables to give a mind boggling array of permutations and new waveshapes
- 32 high resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice, with 8 types of oscillator modifier including: Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod, Hard Sync and Windowed Sync
- 1.54 inch large OLED display - that provides instant visual feedback to the user at all times of playing/editing
- Bourns continuous rotary encoders throughout as standard
- A 4-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually 'locked' when desired
- Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions.
- Two pole morphing resonant filter
- Waveshaping distortion
- Three incredibly powerful independent and user configurable stereo FX engines that can create sophisticated Delays, lush Reverbs, Flanging, Phasing, and Rich Choruses
- Glide/Portamento with both legato and staccato modes
- Hugely powerful "Mod Matrix" with eight assignable slots with four additional fixed routes, 11 mod sources and 52 destinations
- 500 patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs and 200 user patch spaces. Patch upload and download through the free MODALapp
- Two Audio rate LFO's with tempo sync (one poly, one global). Polyphonic LFO can sync to frequency divisions
- Inbuilt sophisticated programmable arpeggiator of 32 steps with rest capability with up to 2048 steps before repeating
- Real time sequencer with number 512 steps with input quantize and four recordable/editable animations
- Multiple keyboard modes, Mono, Poly, Unison 2, unison 4, unison 8, Stack 2 and Stack 4
- All time-based FX, LFO's and sequencer arpeggio can be either clocked internally or externally
- Sync in/out
- Full size MIDI five pin din sockets
- Full size quarter inch jacks for both audio and external control such as sustain and expression.
- 3.5 mm stereo input with ability to route incoming audio through the FX
- Free dedicated app that works on Mac, PC, iOS, Android and works under VST3 and AU