Line 6 JTV69 James Tyler Variax Guitar
60 years ago, modern music was transformed by the advent of the electric guitar. This revolutionary instrument proved to be incredibly expressive, and allowed players to connect to their music and their audiences in powerful ways. As music evolved, traditional electric guitars clung to the past, but others provided broader palates of sounds.
In 2002, Line 6 launched Variax modeling guitars. These groundbreaking instruments offered guitarists an unprecedented range of tones based on the most desirable electric and acoustic guitars on the planet. To develop these Variax guitars, Line 6 partnered with legendary luthier James Tyler to craft an exceptional instrument and the perfect delivery system for Variax technology.
Sean Halley demos the incredible versatility of the James Tyler Variax:
Award-winning Variax guitar modeling technology
Line 6 set the goal posts for digital guitar modeling, and the evolution of this technology gives the James Tyler Variax JTV 69 unprecedented tone-crafting potential.
At a twist of its simple and intuitive selector knob, JTV 69 transforms its tone with 25 award-winning electric and acoustic guitar models, giving you a virtual guitar collection to rival the gear rack of any top studio. Need to roll from country twang 'n' spank to thick bluesy wail to resonator-style shimmer and chime in the course of the same song? The JTV 69 takes you there and beyond, instantly.
Each model offers nuance-perfect tone inspired by the most desired vintage acoustic and electric guitars, and it does so with more accuracy and tonal purity than ever before (thanks to the sensitive and more reliable L.R. Baggs Radiance Hex (polyphonic) piezo pickups loaded into the bridge saddles of JTV 69).
25 guitar models based on:
- 1960 Fender Telecaster Custom
- 1968 Fender Telecaster
- 1968 Fender Telecaster Thinline
- 1959 Fender Stratocaster
- 1958 Gibson Les Paul Standard
- 1952 Gibson Les Paul "Goldtop"
- 1961 Gibson Les Paul Custom (3 PU)
- 1956 Gibson Les Paul Junior
- 1976 Gibson Firebird V
- 1955 Gibson Les Paul Special
- 1959 Gretsch 6120
- 1956 Gretsch Silver Jet
- 1968 Rickenbacker 360
- 1966 Rickenbacker 360-12
- 1961 Gibson ES-335
- 1967 Epiphone Casino
- 1957 Gibson ES-175
- 1953 Gibson Super 400
- 1959 Martin D-28
- 1970 Martin D 12-28
- 1967 Martin O-18
- 1966 Guild F212
- 1995 Gibson J-200
- 1935 Dobro Alumilite
- Danelectro 3021
- Coral/Dano Electric Sitar
- Gibson Mastertone Banjo
- 1928 National Style 2 "Tricone"
Top-flight guitar design
Designed from the ground up by one of the world's foremost luthiers, and manufactured in one of the world's best-respected guitar plants, JTV 69 is a cutting-edge performance tool.
Designed in the tradition of the classic 25-1/2 inch scale bolt-neck, three-pickup solidbody (but updated for today's demanding player), JTV 69 is made from a body crafted from solid alder, with a maple neck carved to a comfortably rounded Tyler '59 profile and a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard. This time-tested design yields the bright, percussive snap and bite for which Fender's style guitars have been famed for 60 years, with plenty of bluesy warmth when required.
To further increase its versatility, the three-pickup format is expanded with a PAF-style humbucker in the bridge that has been designed to complement the single-coil early '60s Strat style pickups in the neck and middle positions (all loaded with alnico magnets and wound to James Tyler's specs).
Completing the package is a James Tyler Custom Tremolo bridge (engineered for increased resonance and improved tuning stability over vintage units) that gives you access to the smooth vibrato action that is a big part of this breed of guitar.
- 25 award-winning Variax guitar models inspired by classic vintage electric and acoustic guitars
- 11 programmable alternate tunings featuring the Virtual Capo system on a dedicated knob
- Polyphonic L.R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system for reliability
- Variax Workbench Software allows each model to be customized to your unique taste (Mac/PC)
- VDI (Variax Digital Interface) connection to Line 6 POD xt, POD X3, or Vetta II guitar amplifier, enabling dual channel processing and guitar model selection integration with POD presets
- Includes one Li-Ion battery for 12 hours of play time, and international wall-socket charger, and Variax Workbench USB adaptor
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Line 6 products.