Lexicon PCM96 Stereo Reverb Processor
An artful blend of heritage and innovation, the Lexicon PCM96 Stereo Reverb/Effects Processor delivers 28 new and legendary Lexicon reverbs, delays and modulation effects.
Appearing for the first time in the PCM96 are new Room and Hall algorithms, plus an assortment of new mono reverbs and effects. With decades of legacy products to pull from, the PCM96 also includes the finest collection of factory presets available in a stereo processor -- over 1200 and growing -- including some recognizable classics from Lexicon's immense library of sounds.
The PCM96 gives new capabilities to Lexicon's traditional reverbs by adding multimode filters at several spots in the audio flow. This allows more exact shaping of the reverb while still maintaining the distinctive Lexicon sound. All reverbs also have an "Infinite" switch that allows the reverb to run forever, a useful feature for creating unusual backgrounds and sound effects.
Lexicon's Room algorithm provides a more flexible alternative to convolution type reverbs. Reflection patterns can be easily selected, scaled and equalized -- all while simultaneously passing audio. They can be instantly reversed or combined with a traditional reverb to extend the decay or bring a stronger sense of "liveness" to the space.
With two channels XLR analog, two channels XLR AES/EBU digital I/O, and MIDI, the PCM96 easily fits into a variety of recording and live sound environments. In any application, the PCM96 delivers the versatility and sound that is unmistakably Lexicon.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Lexicon products.
- Two channels XLR analog I/O
- Two channels XLR digital AES/EBU I/O
- 32-bit floating point processing
- Sample rates up to 96 kHz
Standalone Mode Routing: In standalone mode, the PCM96 can process up to two physical inputs and two outputs in Dual Super Mono, Super Stereo, Cascade Mono, Cascade Stereo, Mono to Stereo, or Mono In / Combined Stereo Out.
Note: Older versions of the PCM96 hardware included FireWire I/O. The current PCM96 does not include FireWire ports.
Note: Lexicon offers a DAW plugin plus GUI Control for PCM92/PCM96 hardware, for Mac OSX 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6.
Analog Audio Output:
- Connectors: Two XLR balanced (elec.)
- Impedance: 30 Ohms balanced
- Output Level: +4 dBu mode: +20 dBu max. -10 dBu mode: 8.21 dBu max
Digital Input and Output:
- Connectors: XLR I/O
- Format: AES/EBU balanced
- Sample Rate: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Conversion: 24-bit A/D; 24-bit D/A
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- .25dB 20Hz - 40kHz +0/-3dB
- HD: <0.002%, 20Hz - 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: D/A: >112dB typical, 20Hz - 20kHz A/D: >112dB typical, 20Hz - 20kHz A/A: >111dB typical, 20Hz - 40kHz
- Crosstalk: -90dB, 20Hz to 40kHz
- Internal Audio DSP: 32/64-bit floating point
- Memory Cards: Compact Flash Type I Standards
- Format: Supports all size memory cards
- MIDI: In/Thru/Out 5-pin DIN's
- Footswitch: N/A
- Foot Controller: N/A
- Power: 100-240 VAC 50/60Hz, 20 Watts
- Automatic switching: (3-pin IEC connector)
- Size (WxHxD): 19 x 1.75 x 12.5 in. (483 x 45 x 318 mm) Rack mount standard
- Weight: 8.65 lbs (3.93 kg)
- Operating Temp.: 59* to 95*F (15* to 35*C)
- Maximum Humidity: 75% relative humidity max.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):