Korg WR01 Wi-Tune Wireless TunerAnnouncing the world's first wireless tuners: The Korg Wi-Tune. Korg created the world's first hand-held tuner back in 1975. Since then, tuners have become a widely used item among musicians. Korg has continued to lead the way, creating a succession of revolutionary tuners featuring reengeneered technology and fresh ideas.
Now, KORG announces the world's first wireless tuning system; the Wi-Tune. Using Korg's Wireless Tuning System, the Wi-Tune allows you to tune any instrument in any situation, unobtrusively, accurately, and easily. Our Wi-Tune systems are ideal for instruments such as sax, clarinet, flute, horn, or tuba; instruments where using a traditional tuner could be problematic. Wi-Tune eliminates these obstacles, allowing avenues for practicing. Wi-Tune wireless tuning is also discreet, and can be used in nearly any musical environment.
Cable-free wireless tuning systems, complete with transmitter and tunerKorg's Wi-Tune wireless tuning systems come as a set, consisting of a transmitter that attaches to your instrument, and a main tuner unit that receives the wireless signal. This concept allows a monumental degree of freedom, letting the musician watch the tuning meter at a natural angle of sight. Conventional tuner setups (with a cable running from the tuner unit to a contact mic fastened to the instrument) often led to the cable becoming entangled with the instrument or musician. Since the wireless Wi-Tune system has no cable, these situations are completely eliminated. The signal range extends to five meters*, meaning that the tuner unit can be placed on a music stand or other convenient location, allowing the performer to tune naturally without interfering with the performance. The wireless signal sent from the transmitter is coded to ID on the tuner unit, ensuring that you can tune reliably without interference. The transmitter is designed to detect the vibration of the instrument, so it can be attached not only to the body of the instrument, but even to a strap that will transmit these vibrations.
*as measured by KORG
Large, backlit LCD offers excellent visibilityPitch variance and note name are shown in the large liquid crystal display for excellent visibility. Built-in backlighting assures tuning with confidence, even on a dark stage - or at a distance. The wireless status and the remaining battery amount are also clearly indicated by icons, providing this important information at a glance. Designed for eco-friendly long battery life, this system is the perfect tuning assistant.
Internal mic and Sound Out modeThe main tuner body has a built-in mic, you can also tune without using the transmitter. The tuner also provides a Sound Out mode that produces an audible reference tone from the internal speaker, which you can use when tune by ear, or for ear-training practice.
Pure major third and minor third markingsInaccuracies of the harmonies in a triad are particularly easy to notice when played by an ensemble such as a brass band or orchestra. By slightly adjusting the pitch of a major or minor third relative to the equal-tempered interval, a beautiful-sounding pure third can be obtained. The meter scale of the Wi-Tune includes markings to indicate pure major and minor thirds relative to a specified pitch. Simply by tuning your instrument to these markings, you can perform beautiful, pure harmonies when playing in an ensemble.
* The choice of note to adjust when tuning to a pure major or minor third will depend on the music you're performing.
Choose the Wi-Tune that's right for you There are two Wi-Tune packages; the standard WR-01 and the WR-01S. Simply choose the package that's most appropriate for your instrument. The WR-01 includes both a regular clip and a small clip. The regular clip fits a wide range of musical instrument and the small clip is optimized for brass and orchestral instruments.
WR-01SAlso available is the WR01S model for sax and clarinet, which allows the tuner to be attached to the strap rather than directly to the instrument itself, so as to not obstruct or interfere with tuning the instrument. Select the attachment method that is most appropriate for your instrument's shape or your situation, ensuring optimal fit and maximum freedom.
Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.
Features- Wireless tuning - no cable required! The transmitter clips to your instrument and sends the signal wirelessly to the tuner!
- The large backlit LCD offers excellent visibility, even at a distance. The meter follows even slight changes in the sound, and provides a large note name display.
- The integrated cover/stand allows the tuner to be placed on a music stand, table, or on the floor to accommodate any situation.
- Two Wi-Tune packages are available: WR-01: Regular clip - guitar, string instruments and smaller clip for Brass & Woodwind. WR-01S: Includes strap for use with Saxophone, clarinet, etc.
- Internal mic allows tuning using the main unit alone
- Sound Out mode produces a reference tone from the internal speaker for tuning by ear
- Markings indicate pure major third and minor third intervals for exceptional ensemble harmonies.
- Designed to provide environmentally-friendly extended battery life.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Korg products.
- Temperament: Equal
- Measurement Range: A0 (27.5 Hz) - C8 (4186.01 Hz)
- Reference Pitch: C4 (261.63 Hz) - C5 (523.25 Hz)
- Tuning Modes: Meter Mode (auto); Sound Out (manual)
- Calibration Range: A4 = 410 Hz - 480 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Precision: Within +/- 1 cent
- Sound Precision: Within +/- 1.5 cents
- Speaker: 23 mm
- Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Power: AA Batteries (x 2); Alkaline recommended
- Power: CR2032
- Test Batteries: CR2032 (x 1); AA (x 2)
- Clip/Strap: WR-01: Standard & Small Clip
- WR-01S: Strap
For support or warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer: