An Evolution of the Drum Pad
Far more powerful and versatile than a drum pad, the Korg Wavedrum Global Edition percussion synthesizer combines the playing feel of an acoustic kit with the cool tones and sound-shaping options of a DSP sound engine. Giving you a variety of ways to play real and modeled drum and percussion sounds from around the world, this Wavedrum lets you trigger myriad DSP-powered algorithms and PCM instrument sounds with your choice of hands, sticks, or brushes. You can also jam with onboard loop phrases, apply effects, and plug and play with factory presets.
Your home base for international instruments, the Wavedrum Global Edition's sound engine is loaded with both acoustic and synthetic drums and percussion designed to spice up your performance. Four hundred PCM instrument sounds and sixty DSP algorithms drawn from a variety of synthesis methods -- analog, additive, non-linear, physical modeling, and more -- encourage you to get creative with your sounds and generate various instrument tones, natural sounds, or straight up synthetic sounds. For a multifaceted performance, certain DSP algorithms allow you to assign a different DSP method and PCM instrument to the head and to the rim. And some algorithms enable you to control the velocity and tone of PCM sounds, for a personalized drumming experience.
Packed with Presets and FX for Instant Jamming
If you don't feel like getting too deep within the synth, you can brush up on the Wavedrum's 200 preset programs, which cover the whole spectrum of world percussion instruments, and even store up to 200 of your own customized sounds and settings. You can even customize your tone to suit your space with onboard reverb and delay effects. Have fun playing along with 140 included loop phrases, or plug your MP3 player, iPad, or drum machine into the 1/8-inch aux input for easy practicing with your favorite tunes.
Multiple Sensors Make It Easy to Express Yourself
Thanks to multiple pickups and a pressure sensor, the Wavedrum Global Edition is highly sensitive and responsive to your touch, able to capture the most subtle nuances of your hands, sticks, or brushes. The percussion synthesizer will be able to translate any playing technique, whether you hit it, rub it, scratch it, or slam it.
- Dynamic percussion synthesizer with physically modeled drum and percussion sounds
- Sound engine combines 60 DSP-powered algorithms with 400 PCM instrument sounds
- 200 Preset programs cover a range of dynamic world percussion sounds
- 200 User programs let you store customized sounds and settings
- 140 Loop phrases included for instant jamming or practicing
- Onboard reverb and delay effects
- Live Mode stores up to 12 settings (4 favorite programs x 3 banks) for instant recall
- Bright 3-character, 7-segment LED display for high visibility in any setting
- Multiple pickups and a pressure sensor help capture even the most subtle strikes on the head and rim
- Wide dynamic range for low and high pitches
- Play different sounds from the head and rim, or apply pressure effects to achieve unique performance techniques
- Adjustable input sensitivity accommodates players of all skill levels
- Panel controls: Volume knob, Write button, Button 1-4, Bank/Mode button, Value knob
- 1/8" Aux input for monitoring or mixing of CDs, MP3s, or any other audio source
- (2) 1/4" line outputs
- (1) 1/8" headphone output
- Compact, lightweight design -- ideal for use as an individual instrument, or as part of a traditional drum kit or percussion rig
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Korg products.
- DSP algorithms: 60 Total (26 Single-size +34 Double-size)
- PCM instruments: 400 Total (200 Head + 200 Rim)
- Programs: 400 Total (200 Preset + 200 User)
- Loop Phrases: 140
- Effects: Reverb, Delay
- Panel Controls: Volume knob, Write button, Button 1-4, Bank/Mode button, VALUE knob
- Audio Outputs: Output L, R (Monaural phone), Headphones (Stereo mini phone)
- Audio Inputs: AUX IN (Stereo mini phone)
- Display: 3-character 7-segment LED
- Sampling frequency: 48 kHz
- A/D, D/A conversion: 24 bit
- Power supply: DC9V, 1.7A
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 344
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):