Make Music Anywhere with 16 Drum Pads and an X/Y Touchpad!The Korg nanoPAD2 USB Drum Pad Controller is the perfect instrument for any musician who needs a controller to fire-off drum hits and samples during a live performance. The nanoPAD2 offers 16 velocity-sensitive sample pads with memory to store four different sample set -- that's 64 drum or sound effect samples, all available at your fingertips.
More Than a Drum Pad -- It's an X/Y Touch ControllerThe nanoPAD2 goes beyond being just a drum pad -- it offers a fully programmable X/Y touchpad that allows you to control up to two sample parameters in unison, in realtime. The X/Y touchpad can also be used as a keyless synthesizer when combined with the Gate Arpeggiator, just like on Korg's Kaossilator sequencing sample-based synthesizers.
A Super-Portable USB Controller with iPad ConnectivityWith the nanoPAD2, Korg adds the power of MIDI connectivity with Apple iPad's via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit. Once connected, touch-pads on the nanoPAD2 can be programmed to send various MIDI commands which can be used to control software running on your iPad. And because the nanoPAD2 is so small -- less than 13 inches wide, and weighs less than a pound -- it's easy to throw in your backpack along with your iPad. If you need a portable controller for tapping in your ideas on the go, the Korg nanoPAD2 is it!
Features:- Low-profile plug-and-play USB controller with velocity-sensitive trigger pads and an X/Y touchpad
- 16 large, velocity-sensitive trigger pads with four selectable velocity curves
- Kaoss-style X/Y touchpad allows you to manipulate multiple parameters simultaneously
- Includes Gate Arpeggiator function with adjustable scale and key range and Hold function
- Includes four selectable Scene banks for saving sample sets
- Mini USB port
- Powered via USB only
- USB cable, owner's manual, and software bundled included
- Bundled software: Korg's M1 LE software synthesizer, Toontrack's EZDrummer Lite drum sound module, Applied Acoustic Systems' Lounge Lizard Session electric piano sound module, Applied Acoustic Systems' Ultra Analog Session software synthesizer, Applied Acoustic Systems' Strum Acoustic Session acoustic sound module, and a discount coupon for Ableton Live, Live Suite, or Live LE
- Highly portable -- unit weighs less than 1 pound
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Korg products.
- 16 trigger pads with velocity and 4 velocity curves
- X-Y pad
- HOLD button
- GATE ARP button
- TOUCH SCALE button
- KEY/RANGE button
- SCALE/ARP button
- SCENE button
4 user scene memories
- Corresponding Software:
Host applications corresponding to MIDI input
USB bus power
- USB bus power: less than 100 mA
- Size (W x D x H): 12.80 x 3.27 x 0.63 inches
- Weight: 0.63 lbs.
- Accessories: USB cable
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Supported Computer: Apple Macintosh with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Mac OS X or Apple Macintosh with PowerPC supportedWindows:
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32bit), Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 (32bit, 64bit), Microsoft Windows7 (32bit, 64bit)
- Supported Computer: Computer with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Windows XP/ Vista/7 (Intel USB chipset recommended)
* This product uses applied technology from ART Teknika's CONSOLE.
* Mac, the Mac logo and the Audio Units logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* The "Built for Mac OS X" graphic is trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., used under license.
* Windows XP/Vista/7 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
* All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
* Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 631-390-6800
Korg nanoPAD2 USB Drum Pad ControllerLike all nanoSERIES2 controllers, the Korg nanoPAD2 had to be compact, lightweight and sized to work well with any laptop or desktop computer. In addition, the Korg nanoPAD2 also had to pack in 16 great-feeling and dynamic-sensing padsas well as leaving room for the X-Y touchpad! The Korg nanoPAD2 does all this and more. In fact, there are four banks of pad assignments, providing a total of 64 pad assignments.
Dynamic trigger pads capture all your performance nuancesThe sixteen velocity-sensitive pads provide excellent response to your fingertips, and also realistically convey the playing feel to your sequencer or DAW software, ensuring that your drum parts will be full of life. By switching between the four scenes, you can experience 64 different pad assignments.
Create musical phrases using the X-Y touchpad, Touch Scale, and Gate Arp featuresThe X-Y pad can be used to control multiple synthesizer parameters. In addition, the "Touch Scale function lets you intuitively play phrases on the X-Y touchpad, just as on the Kaossilator. You can choose from sixteen different scales, and specify the root key and note range to ensure that your performance stays within your song. The "Gate Arp function, borrowed from the Kaossilator Pro, transmits note data based on tempo; Tap tempo and tempo sync are supported. Combined with the Touch Scale, the Gate Arp allows you to play tempo-synchronized phrases and rhythms simply by stroking the X-Y pad or playing the pads.
Korg Kontrol Editor softwareThe Korg nanoPAD2 works with the "Korg Kontrol Editor" softwareavailable free on the Korg website. Load it into your computer, and use it to make detailed customized settings. Choose from a total of four velocity settings: three velocity curves or fixed velocity. You can also specify note numbers, create user scales for the Touch Scale function, assign chords, assign control change messages, and save your settings.
USB power for an uncluttered setupJust connect a single USB cable from your computer to the nanoPAD2, and you've got a quick and portable music production system. Power and USB-MIDI data travels down the same wire for a clean, efficient workspace.
Slim-line controllers combining cutting-edge design and technologyEach of the nanoSERIES2 of ultra-compact and low-profile USB-MIDI controllers will fit perfectly in front of your laptop computer or desktop keyboard, offering impressive control while conserving valuable set-up space. Simply connect a single USB cable, and you've got a music production studio on your desk at home or on the go.
An ideal companion for the microKEYThe nanoSERIES2 controllers are the ideal companions for the 37-note, natural-touch Korg microKEY. The latter's dual USB hub ports allow any two nanoSERIES2 controllers to be connected directly to the microKEY to create a customized, expanding control center for any music production system.
Apple iPad Compatibility*Enjoy nanoSERIES2 MIDI control of your iPad Music apps! Korg nanoSERIES2 controllers can now be used with the iPad via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit, providing MIDI control using the Apple Core MIDI features. Apple iOS 4.2.1 is supported, and the app needs to support Core MIDI. If you are using multiple nanoSERIES2 controllers, or plan to use a single nanoSERIES2 for an extended period of time, please use a powered USB hub.
Play Today with the nanoSERIES2 Software License BundleEach nanoSERIES2 controller ships with the following software licenses and discount coupons so you can start making music right away.
1. M1 Le (license)
Included is a license for the "M1 Le"*, a limited edition of the M1 software synthesizer (included in the Korg Legacy Collection - Digital Edition) that brings to your computer the sounds of the ground-breaking M1 music workstation. (This software can be downloaded for use.)
2. EzDrummer Lite (license)
Included is a license for Toontrack's software drum sound module "EzDrummer Lite"*, giving you numerous high-quality drum sounds. (This software can be downloaded for use.) You'll be able to immediately start enjoying realistic drum sounds played from your nanoSERIES2.
*Please be aware that neither the software manufacturer nor Korg can provide support regarding the use of this software. For details on upgrading the demo software or purchasing the full version, please refer to www.toontrack.com or www.crypton.co.jp/prod/28301.
3. Ableton "Live" series (discount coupon included)
Included is a discount coupon* for Ableton's "Live," "Live Suite," and "Live LE" DAW software, widely popular for its sophisticated functionality.
* For details on this software, please refer to www.ableton.com or www.h-resolution.com.
4. Lounge Lizard Session (license)
Included is a license* for "Lounge Lizard Session," the physical modeling sound module from Applied Acoustics Systems, famed for its richly expressive electric piano sounds.
* For details on this software, please refer to www.applied-acoustics.com/loungelizardsession/overview or wwww.applied-acoustics.com/korg-microkey/.
Features:- Low-profile pad controller, excellent for playing or entering drum data
- Sixteen solid, responsive, and velocity-sensitive trigger pads
- Control multiple MIDI parameters via the X-Y Touchpad