If ever there is an official "Audio Technology Hall of Fame", it will definitely include a shrine to the iconic Teletronix LA-2A*. Klark-Teknik pay homage to this audio-processing pioneer that has graced so many recordings, with our 2A-KT Classic Leveling Amplifier. And while vintage Teletronix LA-2As are extremely rare and expensive, the 2A-KT is amazingly affordable - and designed for the 21st Century.
The 2A-KT draws inspiration from the original Teletronix LA-2A leveling amplifier, which was first produced in the early 1960s. Since then, Teletronix leveling amplifiers have been prized for their smooth musical sound, and audio engineers have utilized them at all stages of the recording process - from tracking to mastering.
At the heart of the 2A-KT is a vintage lag-free optical attenuator based on the very same electroluminescent technology used in its predecessor. The 2A-KT is constructed from the highest-quality discrete components - all of which meet or exceed the LA-2A's original specifications. This is just one of the many ways the 2A-KT brings unparalleled precision and superb signal integrity into the new audio age.
2A-KT owes its characteristic warmth to a set of premium, hand-selected 12AX7, 12BH7 and EL84 tubes. This time-tested combination provides ultra low-noise analog output with the ideal balance of tight, warm bass, silky-smooth midrange and brilliant, airy treble.
- Classic tube compressor/leveling amplifier modeled after the iconic Teletronix LA-2A*
- Completely discrete signal…
- Premium selection 12AX7, 12BH7 and EL84 tubes
- Lag-free optical attenuator based on original electroluminescent technology
- Custom-built Midas input and output transformers
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 20 kHz, +/- 1 dB
- Gain Limiting: 0 to 30 dB
- Ultra-fast attack time: 10 milliseconds
- Release time: 50 milliseconds to 5 seconds
- Adjustable stereo-link connection
- Variable pre-emphasis for digital audio recording and broadcasting transmission
- Vintage-style meter features gain reduction and output
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.