The RGD is Ibanez's ultimate metal machine. The demands of down-tuning require a specifically designed responsiveness not found in "normal" guitars. To optimize for the rich, desirable thickness of tone that down-tuning produces, we extended the neck by one inch to a 26.5" scale. Longer-than standard yet not overly long. The neck is still considered a "fast" neck for speed soloing. Extra-deep cutaways grant comfortable access to the necks highest notes.
There are three principles behind the Ibanez Prestige line: Precision, Performance, and Playability. Prestige combines high-tech manufacturing techniques with old-world Japanese craftsmanship, in order to achieve true innovation in design and construction. The series incorporates ideas and suggestions from musicians from around the world as the cornerstones of the Prestige production process.
- Ibanez's thin, flat and fast Wizard neck is strong and sturdy and offers unlimited playability for demanding players. KTS TITANIUM rods provides absolute rock solid stability.
- Macassar Ebony produces tight lows and mid range along with strong attack in the highs and quick response with rich sustain.
- The wide and tall fret-type offers a quick response, good articulation when playing chords and clear tone when playing single notes. Prestige Fret Edge Treatment guarantees effortlessly fast playing.
- A gorgeous Richlite top paired with an Ash body wood delivers rich tones.
- Through close collaboration…
between Ibanez and DiMarzio, Fusion Edge pickups have been engineered to produce a powerful, distinctive tone with a crisp, cutting high end, and a tight, compressed bottom end, minus any muddy mid-range.
- The Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads achieve incredible tuning stability, cutting down string-changing time.
- Designed for both stability and sustain, the innovative Ibanez Mono-Rail bridge minimizes cross-talk between strings
- Hardshell case included. Ibanez Hardshell case gives you extreme protects for your be-loved instrument.
- Its extra long 26.5" scale and ability to accurately intonate heavier string gauges, make it the perfect beast for down-tuned metal.