Hartke LX8500 Bass Guitar Amplifier Head
The Hartke LX8500 bass amp is a beast. Delivering 800 watts of true, continuous power shaped by a Class A tube preamp the LX8500 amplifier is clearly designed for the big gig. Lean and unbelievably powerful, the LX8500 brings the thump, growl, bite and bark (AKA volume) you expect from a professional touring amplifier, without the back-breaking setup. Weighing in at just 8.5 pounds, the LX8500 is a no-compromise solution for serious bass players that need an amp that works as hard as they do.
Sculpt Your Tone
The LX8500's Tone Stack EQ is tailored to capture the character of your bass as soon as you plug in. Equipped with traditional style Treble and Bass knobs, as well as a footswitch selectable mid filter Frequency and Shape controls, the LX8500 provides maximum control over your sound. The switchable Brite button subtly boosts the upper frequencies of the strings and highlights natural harmonic overtones.
The LX8500 provides essential on-board effects designed to enhance your playing and add extra options to your performance arsenal. An integrated Drive control can be used to add a touch of grit or throttled-out for an authentic fuzz tone (selectable via foot switch). The variable Compressor can be used to smooth out transients, add punch and presence to your attack, as well as balance dynamics for players that employ slapping, tapping and thumb-picking techniques.
The ideal amplifier for the stage, studio and practice room, the LX8500 offers all the essential connections and features in a single compact and lightweight package. An XLR Direct Out with a Pre/Post EQ switch allows for direct connection to a PA or recording console. Additional connections are: an 1/8" headphone output for silent practice sessions, an 1/8" auxiliary input can be used to connect phones or MP3 players, an effects loop with Send and Return connections can be used with your favorite outboard effects. The LX8500 also features two TRS footswitch inputs to engage Drive, Effects Loop, Brite and Frequency parameters.
*LX amplifiers have been be tested using a 55Hz sine wave for 8 hours in a 100 degrees F (40 Degrees C) chamber and they ran at power for 8 hours uninterrupted.
- 800 watts of continuous power @ 4 ohms
- Class D bass amplifier that weighs 8.5lb
- Classic 12AX7 Class A tube preamp circuitry
- Tone stack EQ with Bass, Treble, Shape and Frequency controls
- Brite button for top-end presence
- Drive circuit for added distortion effect
- Compressor knob controls bass dynamics
- 1/4" input jack compatible with active and passive instruments
- 1/4" and twist-and-lock speaker jacks (compaitble with Speakon# connectors)
- 1/4" Effects Send and Return jacks
- 1/8" Aux input
- 1/8" Headphone output
- 1/4" Tuner Output
- Balanced XLR direct output with pre/post switch
- Output Mute switch
- 2 x TRS footswitch jacks for Drive, Effects Loop, Bite and Frequency parameters
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Hartke products.