Gibson's 2017 SG Standard Traditional: A Rock Icon Reborn
Since its introduction in 1961, the Gibson SG Standard has been turning heads with its radical dual-horned design and resonant tone. Gibson continues this tradition with the Gibson 2017 SG Standard Traditional electric guitar. The 2017 SG Standard T is a modern tribute that pays homage to the traditional stylings which made this guitar a hit for virtually every style of rock musician since it was first discovered by British rock bands in the 1960s. With a classic offset double-cutaway body, dual Gibson '57 Classic humbucking pickups, and slim taper mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard, this is how a Gibson SG Standard should look, sound, and feel.
From the Tune-o-matic bridge to the Grover kidney-button-style locking tuning machines and everything in between, this 2017 take on the classic SG Standard has all the traditional hardware it should. Sporting Gibson '57 Classic PAF-style humbucking pickups with a period-accurate '60s-style teardrop pickguard, the 2017 reissue looks and sounds like the real thing.
While the 2017 SG Standard T benefits from many vintage design features, one aspect of its craftsmanship is particularly high-tech. Since 2014, Gibson USA has been using "Pleking" on all their guitars, a process by which all the frets on the neck are fine-tuned using 3D modeling and high-precision computer-controlled fret grinding. After the Plek setup, each neck is polished by hand. It all adds up to what Gibson considers the most accurate and playable neck possible.
- Gibson Traditional-series SG Standard 6-string electric guitar
- Mahogany SG-shaped solid body guitar with select high-gloss lacquer finish
- Slim taper, '57 classic-style mahogany neck with select finish
- Set-in neck with single action truss rod
- 24.75-inch scale rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-sized frets, trapezoidal pearloid inlays, 12-inch radius, and rolled edges
- Mahogany top with TekToid self-lubricating graphite nut and 1.695-inch nut width
- Pickups: Dual Gibson '57 Classic PAF-style humbuckers
- Dual volume and tone knobs (one for each pickup) with 3-way selector switch
- Aluminium Tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece
- Grover kidney-button locking tuning machines
- Chrome-plated hardware finish
- Right-handed guitar
- Hardshell case, premium leather strap, polishing cloth, owner's manual, and truss rod wrench included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gibson products.