When you call, mention priority code 20D-K60K
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Gibson 2017 SG Standard T

Equipped with Classic '57 and '57+ humbuckers, the SG Standard T cranks out classic PAF tones. The lightweight mahogany body is ready to rock all night long.

"Solid Guitar! Very impressed!" submitted August 8, 2017

By Rob McCullough in Pleasant Hill, CA
Musical Background: Semi-Pro Guitarist - 25+ years
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, Hard Rock, Pop.
Overall: I've owned many Gibsons over the years and they've all been good, but this SG is really a step up. (I got the Ebony w/gold hardware one). Really excellent fit and finish. Everything lines up just right. The pickups (57 Classics) sound great, very open, not too hot or compressed. One word for SG lovers, the neck on this guitar is very thin, nothing like the 2003 SG Standard I have. (The neck on that one is like a 2x4!). It's sleek and fast and kind of forces you to articulate notes more carefully. Over all a GREAT guitar, classic SG tone, beautiful finish and binding work, light, playable. I'm very excited about this guitar.

"Sweet!!!!!" submitted November 4, 2016

By Scott S in Accident, MD
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years of playing Gibson guitar. I play Guitar, Bass, Piano.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Metal, Alternative, progressive
Sound: Lots of low end, very classic sounding. Feature: not a lot of bells and whistle. 2 pick-ups and some pots, all you need really. has a very nice tight grain in the top. Quality: this should last several lifetimes, if you take care of your guitars. Value: well worth the price. Manufacturer Support: called Gibson because the Multi-tool was not in the case. the mailed one right out to me, no questions asked. The Wow Factor: JUST COOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Overall: Just got this today. Out of the box, it was set up perfect. I did lower the action to my taste, but it was not necessary. The strap is ok, I will use it, just because it came with it, the Multi-tool was missing, but one call to Gibson and they mailed one to me. nice cleaning cloth. the brown Gibson USA hard-shell case with red interior was a big buying point for me, well, just because in the past getting a case out of Gibson was like pulling teeth. So all-in-all for the money, you get a really nice SG, case, leather strap, truss rod wrench, bridge tool, multi-tool, cleaning cloth. great deal. Now as for the SG, the finish is flawless. the frets and neck are perfect, the 57's are not my favorite pickups, but they sound really good on this guitar. has great tone and lots of bottom end. set up was perfect right out of the box. the Grover locking tuners are a nice plus. i will probably change the kidney buttons to keystones but that is my preference. I have always played Les Paul's and this is my first SG, but so far, I love this thing and I am sure it will be a staple part of my collection for many years to come. and for the price you cannot go wrong. it makes you feel like Angus when you crank this baby through a Marshall stack.

"Gibson 2017 Usa sg standard" submitted October 27, 2016

By Bill M in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: Decades playing Martins Gibsons Esp's
Music Style: Metal hardrock
Overall: This is the year to buy the sg. Upgraded locking tuners, and the nice gibson hard shell case. Just a little more than the last several years, but so worth it. Mine was perfect out of the box. So happy. I have others but this is my fav.
32 of 34 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"REDEMPTION!" submitted May 19, 2017

By ronnie sampson in winchester, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Just playing for a couple of years (home jammer)
Music Style: classic rock /metal
Overall: After sending back a Gibson LP with a satin finish that made me think I wouldn't purchase another Gibson again I thought id give the 2017 a chance. After getting it today I'm glad I did. My new cherry burst SG is !PERFECT! I mean top notch the looks ,sound its light just a gorgeous guitar. Seems to be set up pretty well but haven't got it checked yet. All I can say is thanks Gibson for changing my view of your company and to zZounds for making it possible for average people to be able to purchase a great guitar. And as always top notch service from zZounds. Half star for support just due to not using it yet.

"Gibson SG Standard T 2017" submitted December 28, 2016

By William M in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: Many guitars life long player
Music Style: Metal thrash metalcore
Overall: Waited till gibson put this in the beautiful brown gibson hardshell case, also the tuning keys are locking keys now - very nice. When you look at the price this year compared to back a long way this deal rolls out to be incredible. This is the best gibson sg made with all the goodies anybody could ask for, a steal really.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Killer Guitar" submitted August 26, 2017

By Gregg P in Agonquin , IL
Overall
Overall: I have had a few Sg's over the years, but this one is by far the best. I prefer the fast slim neck, and the 57 classic pickups. They give a real vintage tone, I always felt that you had to play dirty with the 490 pickups, but these sound great clean, and can really sing when you push your amp! I bought the Pelham Blue finish, and I love it, looks way better than the pictures! I took advantage of the end of model year price drop, and you should too, this is a killer guitar for the money! I am curious what they are going to do with 2018 line.

"Pelham Blue" submitted October 20, 2017

By Christopher C in Bradford, PA
Overall
Overall: I've purchased the Pelham Blue 2017 SG Standard a month ago and have had a difficult time grabbing another guitar since. After a couple of QC issues with Gibson in the past, I wasn't expecting a perfect guitar, but in all honesty this one arrived perfect. The finish, frets and nut were all perfect! I couldn't be happier with this SG. The Pelham Blue is just beautiful and the 57 Classics sound amazing! Gibson have definitely redeemed themselves in my book with this one.

"Collect them all!" submitted September 8, 2017

By Roger H in Johnson City, TN
Musical Background: Weekend gigmeister and acoustic guitar builder
Music Style: blues + rock + country
Overall: This is the third SG I bought over the past 4 years: they keep getting better and this one is by far the coolest deal! My new black and gold 2017 SG Standard traditional has everything I love about the SG: Awesome looks, awesome 57 Classic pickups, locking Grover tuners, nice inlays and neck binding, nice case, and best of all: awesome workmanship coming out of Nashville! The only drawback may be the new circuit board wiring, but I understand that Gibson has to innovate their manufacturing process in order to keep the price down. Works for me! I am so tempted to get another one, but I'll have to wait until Christmas...

"Classic Gibson Tone & Beauty" submitted September 19, 2017

By Jeff P in Clovis, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Jam for fun!
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Overall: What a nice axe! I wanted a color a little more unique that the typical Heritage Cherry, so when I saw the Cherry Burst I went full on Wayne's World "oh yes, it will be mine". The color is amazing and its here and gone for 2017! The 57 pickups are pure classic.goodness with plenty of grit...same as my LP Classic which is also a tone machine!.The binding really gives it that finished look. The locking tuners are definitely a plus. This thing is loaded with features, only really lacking a coil split but I guess you buy an SG to get the SG sound, not to mimic a Strat, but it would be nice. This is definitely a rock and blues dream guitar! The slim 60's neck profile and the lightweight body make it easy to play and comfortable. Their no-interest payment plans make it extremely easy to get a really nice guitar without having to wait, save up, sell gear or buy a lesser guitar. Their satisfaction and price guarantee also rules! Great buying experience every time with these guys and what a beautiful sounding and good looking guitar!

"2017 Gibson SG Standard Cherry" submitted February 4, 2017

By Michael Ballard in Mather, CA
Musical Background: 40+ years
Music Style: Hard rock/metal
Overall: Amazing guitar. Probably the best one I have bought in my 40+ years of buying & playing guitars. Gibson SG my favorite guitar. Thanks Frank Zappa for turning me on to this guitar.

"Unbeatable. " submitted November 16, 2017

By Keith Richards in Dover, NH
Musical Background: Professional 35+ years
Music Style: Punk, metal, blues
Overall: The 57 classics and locking tuners really raised the bar for this year model. If you have a '16 or an '18 you're missing out on probably the best sg ever...

"My first SG..not so much." submitted October 13, 2016

By Micah M in Fulton, MO
Musical Background: Playing for 28 years
Music Style: Blues, rock
Overall: I got my cherry burst SG yesterday, and the first thing I noticed when tuning up was that the G string tuner had about an eighth turn of slack before it engaged. Not a huge deal, but not good. The second thing I noticed was that the inlay on the fifth fret was not flush. Not even close. Strike three is that the nut on the top side has a weird wavy think going on (not smooth). I played it for about 20 minutes and it sounds great. I put it back in the case, called zZounds, and they told me to return it for a replacement, but the cherry burst is out of stock. I'll have to wait. Not their fault, and they were very courteous. This is my third guitar from zZounds, and as long as they treat me right, there will be more. Gibson should have never let this guitar leave the factory, and I hope the next one lives up to the name. I will write another review when I get it.
18 of 22 people (81.82%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"awesome guitar" submitted March 4, 2017

By joe fischl in boyne city, MI
Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: play it all....
Overall: I must say I have had gibson sg's in the past and wound up changing pickups and so on. This sg right out of the box was a quick tweek of the action and then just bliss. The classic 57's are all gibson tone. I have les pauls fender and so on. The weight of this guitar is not like having a barge hanging off your shoulder. I'm a long time player and I must say at any level this is a great choice for tone ease of playing not to mention it looks great. This is a very good value. This is a keeper and will never let this one go.

"Best Gibson I have owned" submitted March 24, 2017

By Ryan S in Evergreen, CO
Musical Background: professional musician
Music Style: jazz, rock, doom metal, metal, funk, pop
Overall: I have owned four Gibson guitars over the years and have ended up selling all of them. The quality control used to be poor but I believe it is getting much better. This SG sounds fantastic and was even in tune when I pulled it out of the box. The hardshell case is definitely a nice touch. The included multi-tool, strap, and polishing cloth are also awesome. I will NOT be selling this one--sounds and feels to good to let go. Thanks Gibson!!

"Wow this is the best SG I have ever owned" submitted January 22, 2017

By robert s in strongsville, OH
Musical Background: Pro musician and studio owner
Music Style: Alt rock, Brit rock, melodic metal,pro rock
Overall: Gibson really stepped up for 2017. The dark cherry burst is gorgeous with a heritage red like color plus a burst around the contour of the guitar...nice The fit and finish were perfect. The rolled edged binding makes this neck the fastest and easiest of any SG I have owned. The 57/57+ pickups a clear and full of fat rich harmonics. Searing leads and flavorful bends make this guy a delight to play. Nice aluminum stop bare and bridge,locking tuners and a nice brown hard case make This the best SG I've ever owned. Highly recommend this beautiful rock icon!

"Gibson SG Standard Cherry Burst" submitted March 16, 2017

By Scott M in Hamilton, OH
Musical Background: Cover musician
Music Style: All styles
Overall: I was originally shopping for Les Pauls in the $1500 or less range but none of them compared to the SG Standard. Slim neck, hard case, locking tuners, classic 57 pickups... sound and playability of these just outdid the others! The only thing I wish is that it had push pull knobs for coil splitting which is?why a 4 star for features. Other than that this is a homerun! Found zero flaws. All I had to do was lower the action which was easy with the provided multi-tool. Tested it through my Boogie and it definitely sings!

When you call, mention priority code 20D-K60K. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449