Genelec M040 2-Way Active Monitor
Part of the Genelec M Series, the Genelec M040 active monitor includes several innovative technologies to bring you the finest audio quality.
Natural Composite Enclosure
Genelec's pioneering Natural Composite Enclosure (NCE) is made from a fully recyclable fibre composite material. Half of this is wood, which has the right acoustical properties to reduce vibrations and deliver exceptional sound quality. Plus, the enclosure is manufactured using injection molding. This optimizes the shape and structural rigidity for high-quality acoustical performance. Genelec also maximizes the internal volume, something that's vital for achieving high output at low frequencies.
Intelligent Signal Sensing
Genelec's Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) feature reduces power consumption to less than 0.5 watts by automatically switching the active monitor to standby when no audio signal has been detected for some time. When it receives an audio signal again, the loudspeaker turns back on. ISS is fully compliant with the EU requirements and the ErP 2013 Directive for electronic devices.
Low turbulence reflex port
Uncompressed bass through the patent pending low turbulence reflex port design, Laminar Integrated Port -- LIP
Class D Amplifier
The need to improve energy efficiency has led to the development of switch-mode operated amplifiers in many areas. Gradually this technology has matured also for demanding audio power amplifiers and Genelec has chosen to design their own Class D amplifier technology. The M series utilizes these high efficiency, low distortion amplifiers in both channels.
- Natural Composite Enclosure: environmentally friendly Finnish wood composite enclosure combines controlled directivity with minimal diffraction
- Intelligent Signal Sensing power management for energy saving with less than 0.5 watts of power consumption in standby mode
- Low distortion, high output from power-efficient Class D bi-amplification by Genelec
- Low product lifecycle carbon footprint
- Individually tested and calibrated according to Genelec's stringent standards
- Room response controls for easy adjustment to your environment
- 107dB output with less than 3% harmonic distortion
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Genelec products.
- Maximum sound pressure level: 107 dB
- Frequency response: 48 Hz - 20 kHz (-3 dB)
- Crossover frequency: 2.5 kHz
- Driver dimension: Bass 6.5 in + Treble 1 in
- Amplifier power: Bass 80 W Class D, Treble 50 W Class D
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 337 x 235 x 229 mm (13 1/4" x 9 1/4" x 9")
- Weight:.4 Kg (15.4 lbs)
- Connectors: Combo XLR + 1/4" plug + RCA
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):