Compact in size but big in performance, the Genelec 7040A subwoofer will bring low-end accuracy to the tightest of production environments. Ideal for studios where space is at a premium but expectations still run high, the 7040A is a subwoofer of small stature but big potential.
Do you need a subwoofer? Learn why in Genelec's One-Minute Masterclass:
Get a closer look inside the 7040A subwoofer in this video from Genelec:
Not every production environment has the benefit of space to work in, but every project requires the tight low frequency reproduction and reliability of the Genelec 7040A. Designed in a compact, portable enclosure but shaped with the experience of decades, the stereo 7040A is the ideal subwoofer companion to the 8010 and 8020 monitors. Even in a limited area, the subwoofer provides extension down to 30 Hz, using Genelec's Laminar Spiral Enclosure (LSE) technology for precise bass articulation and enhanced low end capacity. The result is 100 dB of undistorted SPL using a 6 1/2 inch woofer and a powerful Genelec-designed Class D amplifier.
- Laminar Spiral Enclosure (LSE) Technology provides accurate low frequency reproduction
- Precise room response compensation for optimizing in-room performance
- Bass Management System handles multichannel low frequency content
- Sophisticated drive unit protection circuitry for safe operation
- 6.5 woofer driven by optimized 50-watt amplifier
- Active crossover operating…
at low signal levels
- Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) for power consumption reduction in stand-by mode