Fender Finally Reissues One of Their Original Amplifiers!
At long last, Fender has finally reissued the loudest of its original amplifiers. Introducing the Fender '57 Custom Pro-Amp guitar combo amplifier -- a modern reconstruction of the 1950s narrow-panel tweed Twin amplifier, one of three original amplifiers offered by Leo Fender when he founded the company in 1946. While Fender has been reissuing vintage amplifiers through its line of '57 Custom amps since the early 2000s, this is the first time a faithful tribute to the original Pro-Amp has been made available.
The Original Fender Amp
With the '57 Custom Pro, Fender has painstakingly recreated one of the original guitar amplifiers. Using the original 5E5A circuit (the 1950s interaction of the Fender Pro amp circuit) and a single 15-inch speaker, the '57 Custom Pro boasts 26 watts of tube-amp power. Loud and proud, the '57 Custom Pro is powerful enough to fill any stage, yet soft and delicate when dialed down. Whether you play rock 'n' roll, blues, rockabilly, or country-western, the '57 Custom Pro is a classic rock guitarist's dream come true.
- Faithful reissue of Fender's classic 1957 narrow-panel tweed Pro amplifier
- 26-watt hand-wired tube combo amplifier for guitar
- Two non-switching (simultaneous) channels: instrument and microphone
- Specially designed single 15-inch Eminence speaker with vintage-era construction and 8-ohms total impedance
- Vintage 5E5A circuit (the 5th iteration of the 1950s Fender Pro Super circuit)
- Simple design: one 12AY7 and two 12AX7 preamp tubes, two 6L6 power amp tubes, and one 5AR4 rectifier tube
- Fender Pure Vintage yellow capacitors and Schumacher transformers
- Replaceable fuse provides over-current protection
- Standby switch allows for reduced wear on amplifier tubes
- Two 1/4-inch guitar inputs (normal and bright)
- Two 1/4-inch microphone inputs for instruments or guitar and mic output from the same amp
- Chrome control panel with classic metal lever on/off and standby toggle switches, vintage-style pre-LED red power indicator, fuse knob, independent instrument and microphone volume pots, shared tone pots for treble and bass, and shared presence pot for ultra-high frequency tone adjustment
- Tapered vintage-style "chickenhead" control knobs
- Fender Bassman-style grille cloth
- Finger-joined solid pine cabinet construction
- Leather handle strap with chrome mounting hardware
- Vintage-style metal Fender logo badge
- Includes tweed cloth protective cover
- Unit weighs 51 pounds
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.