Fender '57 Custom Twin-Amp: Classic Rock's Big Daddy
The Fender '57 Custom Twin-Amp guitar combo amplifier is a vintage-styled tribute to the original narrow-panel Fender Twin. Introduced in 1952, the Fender Twin is one guitar amp that's old enough to be your father -- a rock amp that's as old as rock 'n' roll itself. This time-honored design has been faithfully reproduced for modern guitarists in today's hand-crafted '57 Custom Twin. Packed to the brim with hand-wound copper, the '57 Custom Twin produces luscious tones and a classic crunch that solid-state amplifiers simply can't match. It's the big daddy of all classic amps.
Sixty years later and still going strong, Fender's original design for the Fender Twin is one thing you'll be glad hasn't changed. Flaunting two 12-inch speakers and 40 watts of tube-driven power, the '57 Custom Twin sounds just like a real vintage amplifier. That's because it's been carefully crafted using period-accurate materials and the original 5E8A amplification circuit which made the Fender Twin of the 1950s famous in the first place.
- Faithful reissue of Fender's classic 1957 narrow-panel tweed Twin amplifier
- 40-watt hand-wired tube combo amplifier for guitar
- Dual bright and normal instrument channels (high-gain and low-gain input for each)
- Dual specially designed 12-inch Eminence speaker with alnico magnet and 4-ohms total impedance
- Vintage 5E8A circuit (the 5th iteration of the 1950s Fender Twin Super circuit)
- Simple design: one 12AY7 and three 12AX7 preamp tubes, two 6L6 power amp tubes, and two 5U4 rectifier tubes
- Fender Pure Vintage yellow capacitors and Mercury Magnetics transformers
- Replaceable fuse provides over-current protection
- Standby switch allows for reduced wear on amplifier tubes
- Two normal 1/4-inch guitar inputs (high- and low-gain)
- Two bright 1/4-inch guitar inputs (high- and low-gain)
- Chrome control panel with classic metal lever on/off and standby toggle switches, vintage-style pre-LED red power indicator, fuse knob, independent volume pots for each channel, shared tone pots for treble and bass, and shared presence pot for ultra-high frequency tone adjustment
- Tapered vintage-style "chickenhead" control knobs
- Fender Bassman-style grille cloth
- Finger-joined solid pine cabinet construction
- Leather handle strap with chrome mounting hardware
- Includes tweed cloth protective cover
- Vintage-style metal Fender logo badge
- Unit weighs 56 pounds
- Assembled in the USA
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.