Fender Bassman 800 Hybrid Bass Amplifier
Combining the best of authentic Fender bass sound with modern power, the Bassman 800 Head is an easily portable powerhouse with flexible, thunderous tone. Designed for the ultimate bass playing experience, it offers two versatile channels, classic good looks, and ultra-musical Fender tube tones--all in a lightweight chassis (only 17 lbs.) that mates perfectly with Bassman Pro Neo speaker cabinets to create a tonal monster.
The foundation of the Bassman 800's tone is the two-channel tube preamp. Powered by a pair of premium 12AX7 tubes, this flexible preamp offers Vintage and Overdrive voicings, making it perfect for any style of music. The Vintage channel provides classic Fender bass tone thanks to its highly interactive passive tone circuit that cuts frequencies instead of boosting them, giving each note a distinctive thickness with no high end fizz. The Overdrive channel cranks out genuine tube-driven overdrive, while its active 3-band tone circuit with variable mid frequency and blend control makes it easy to unleash a variety of sonic flavors, ranging from polite to aggressive. This highly musical preamp is matched to a cool-running solid-state Class D power amp that delivers an arena-filling 800 watts of power.
Equally at home on stage or in the studio, the Bassman 800's rear panel sports a tuner output and effects loop, as well as a flexible pro-level XLR line output with level control, pre/post EQ switch, ground lift to eliminate hum and Silent Recording capability. The combination output jacks support both speakON (2- and 4-pole) and 1/4" connections, making it easy to connect almost any speaker cabinet. The included footswitch lets you effortlessly switch between the preamp channels on stage, adding even more flexibility to the amplifier. Packed with powerful, highly malleable, authentic Fender bass tone, the Bassman 800 is an inspiring amplifier that punches well above its weight class.
- Hybrid (Tube/Solid State)
- 800 Watts
- Easily portable with Molded Rubber "Dog Bone" Style handle
- Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Black and Silver Strand Grille Cloth
- 2 x 12AX7 Preamp tubes
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: Bassman PRO
- Amplifier Type: Hybrid (Tube/Solid State)
- Wattage: 800 Watts RMS output at 4 ohms
- Preamp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7
- Inputs: Two - (1/4", Input 2 is at -6dB)
- Channels: Two - (Vintage and Overdrive)
- Controls: Vintage - VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); Overdrive - GAIN, BLEND, VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID FREQ, MID LVL, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); MASTER (pull MUTE)
- Effects: Tube Overdrive
- Effects Loop: 1/4" - (Preamp Out, Power Amp In)
- Line Out: One - (XLR with Ground Lift, Level Control, and Pre/Post EQ Switch)
- Speaker Jack: Two Speakon 1/4" Combo Jacks
- Cabinet Material:7-Ply 5/8" Meranti Plywood
- Covering/Grille Cloth: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Black and Silver Strand Grille Cloth
- Handle: Molded Rubber "Dog Bone" Style
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Control Panel: Black
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red Jewel
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 8.6 x 22.37 x 10.5" / 21.9 x 56.81 x 10.5 cm
- Weight: 17 lbs /7.7 kg
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):