Fender American Pro Jazz V Electric Bass
At Fender, we live and breathe electric instruments. We never rest -- pushing craftsmanship to its limits, we design, test and endlessly experiment to create the best instruments on the planet.
The Jazz Bass, a refinement of concepts first introduced in the Precision Bass, is the earliest example of this philosophy in action. Evolved for today's musician, the American Professional Jazz Bass V combines modern features and materials with Fender's craftsmanship and expertise to produce a truly contemporary bass. Speedy, powerful and articulate, the Jazz Bass quickly carved out a niche for itself when it was released in 1960. The slim, ultra-fast neck and slick offset-waist styling made it a favorite of bassists everywhere. Funk, fusion, disco and, of course, modern rock all owe a life debt to the fantastically versatile Jazz Bass.
Nik West Breaks Down the Fender American Professional Jazz Bass:
Developed by pickup master Michael Bump, the V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups use a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA. Designed for comfort and performance, the slim modern "C"-shaped neck profile feels just right nestled in your hand, becoming one with you, while the narrow-tall frets provide a familiar playing feel and perfect intonation. Posiflex graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability. The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Jazz Bass V is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, "Slim C" Neck
- Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Head-stock Face
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Bridge: 5-String High Mass Vintage (HMV), (Strings-Through-Body or Topload)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green (700, 705, 706), 3-Ply Parchment (748)
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Neck)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA NPS, (Gauges .45 - .125)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):