Another Great Tribute to the Summer of '72 from Fender!
The Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster electric guitar pays tribute to that happy year when the now-famous Deluxe version of the Telecaster burst onto the scene. This Tele's solid alder body yields excellent resonance and sustain. For pickups, it's got two Fender Wide Range humbuckers on board, delivering maximum tonal versatility and power for a modern-day player.
Classic and Solid Design
The solid body on the Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster is made from carved alder, finished with light polyester gloss.
Original Specs On The Neck
The neck and fingerboard on the '72 Deluxe Telecaster are made from maple, with a gloss urethane finish. The neck shape is carved Fender's distinctive "C" design with a fingerboard radius of 12 inches. The scale length is 25.5 inches and there are 21 vintage sized frets easily accessible all the way up the neck. A synthetic bone nut measuring 1.650 inches across. The neck and body and joined with a 3-bolt Micro-Tilt neck design.
A Classic Pickup, Updated
This Deluxe Tele's two Fender Wide Range Humbuckers are based on a pickup designed by Seth Lover for the Fender Telecasters in the early 1970s. Production on the originals ceased in 1979, but numerous reissues have appeared over the years, owing to popularity of the sound. The pickups in the '72 Telecaster Deluxe are a careful update of the original Seth Lover design, delivering more punch and clarity than most other humbuckers. Their tone is fatter than most, with a smooth warmth that evokes a vintage sound. At the same time, they are capable of a bite that is much more powerful than that of a typical single-coil pickup. Wide Range, indeed!
The bridge on the '72 Telecaster Deluxe is a strings-through-body hardtail design. The hardware is finished in handsome chrome, and the high-end tuning machines are emblazoned with the vintage Fender "F" stamp. The pickguard is a rich 3-ply black design. Four skirted amp knobs control knobs complete the vintage vibe on this sweet instrument. A deluxe gig bag is included.
- Two Fender Wide Range humbuckers
- 6-saddle vintage-style strings-through-body hardtail bridge
- Chrome-plated hardware
- Vintage Fender "F" stamp on tuning heads
- 3-ply black pickguard
- Skirted amp control knobs
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Name: '72 Telecaster(R) Deluxe
- Model Number: 013-7702-(Color #)
- Series: Classic Series
- Colors: (Polyester Finish)
- Body: Alder
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, "C" Shape, (Gloss Urethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 12 in. Radius (305 mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo
- Pickups: 2 Fender(R) "Wide Range" Humbucking Pickups, (Neck/Bridge)
Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup),
Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),
Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),
Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Vintage Style Strat Strings-Through-Body Hardtail Bridge
- Machine Heads: Fender(R) Vintage "F" Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Scale Length: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650 in. (42 mm)
- Unique Features: '70s Large Stratocaster(R) Headstock, 3-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt(TM) Adjustment, "Bullet" Truss Rod Nut, Chrome Pickup Covers, Black Dot Position Inlays, Synthetic Bone Nut
- Strings: Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel, Gauges: (.009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042), p/n 073-0250-003
- Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Introduced: 1/2004
Notice: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- 3-Color Sunburst
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):