Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Strat
Bringing to life the vision of one of the most respected guitarists in the world, the Fender Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline is the perfect marriage between a semi-hollow body and a traditional Stratocaster. Johnson is famous in guitar circles for questing for his ideal tone -- liquid and articulate, it perfectly complements the playing style that earned his place in the modern guitar pantheon. In 2015 he approached us to co-design a lightweight, resonant instrument that combines the tones of his favorite semi-hollowbody guitars and his Stratocaster. Two years later, we hit the formula for tonal nirvana with the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline.
Learn more about the Eric Johnson Thinline Strat from the man himself!
They finished the custom-chambered body with nitrocellulose lacquer, allowing the wood to "breathe" with character. The three single-coil Stratocaster pickups were specially voiced to meet Johnson's specifications, and are mounted to the semi-hollow, two-piece alder body with countersunk screws for even more vibration transfer. The comfortable "'57 Soft V"-shaped quartersawn maple neck bears a 12"-radius maple fingerboard and 21 medium-jumbo frets for enhanced playability.
Other custom features include a vintage-style tremolo with silver-painted block, '57-style string recesses, thin headstock with vintage-style staggered tuning machines, '57-style parchment pickguard and "ashtray" bridge cover.
An R&D tour de force, the Eric Johnson Stratocaster Thinline is the first semi-hollow Strat that combines custom chambers with traditional Stratocaster arm and body contours.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Name: Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster, Maple Fingerboard
- Series: Artist
- Color: 2-Color Sunburst
- Body: Semi-Hollow Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Middle Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Neck Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Staggered
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Dimensions: 6.25x17x43.5 IN
- Weight: 23.95 LB
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Vintage White
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- 2-Color Sunburst
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):