The EarthQuaker Devices Palisades V2 Mega Ultimate Overdrive Pedal is something EQD said they would never do: an overdrive based on the legendary TS808! Gasp! The horror! Another tubescreamer?? Really?? After loads of requests, EQD finally buckled. We ran tests with every popular clone on the market as well as several vintage originals, compared, contrasted and took loads of notes. It was exhausting but informative. In the end, they threw it all away, used their ears and came up with what they feel is the most versatile relative of the 808 available today.
See what the Palisades can do in this video from EarthQuaker Devices:
With 6 different clipping voices, 5 bandwidth settings and 2 gain channels you will be hard-pressed to not find a setting that will wipe every mid-boosting overdrive off your board. The clipping voices determine how transparent and open or tight and crunchy the distortion is. They will vary drastically depending on where the gain is set, what channel is active and how much bandwidth is being used. The bandwidth sets the frequency response of the distortion and goes from thin, light and clean through fat heavy and crunchy. It may very well be the single most important control the Palisades has and what really sets it apart.
Gain A is a lower gain channel with a wider range of grit that is great for strumming open chords. Gain B is a higher gain channel with a tighter range that is great for palm muting and/or shredding solos. The Palisades also…
has a foot switchable volume boost with adjustable level to take it over the top when you want to throw your foot up on the monitor and rip your sweet leads -- or maybe just push the front end of your amp a little harder. Not enough? How about a normal/bright switch to mix and match the overall tone to different amps and guitars? Still not enough? OK then, how about a buffer on/off switch to tighten up the tone and make it sparkle when set to "ON" or warm it up and make it sag when set to "OFF".
The Palisades is a versatile dude that will give you years of loving companionship. Each Palisades is hand made one at a time in the tiny tree house community of Akron, Ohio.
Palisades V2 Updates- New flexi switch silent relay based switching allows for traditional latching or momentary operation of the "Gain B" and "Boost" features
Palisades V2 Features- Mega Ultimate Overdrive
- Highly tweakable, yet refined take on the classic 808-style circuit
- Six clipping modes selectable via "Voice" rotary switch
-- 1. No diodes. Most open and least distorted.
-- 2. LED. Light clipping, with lots of output volume
-- 3. MOSFET. Light gain with added harmonics
-- 4. Asymmetrical Silicon. Tight light gain. Closest to stock 808.
-- 5. Symmetrical Silicon. Lighter distorted tone.
-- 6. Shottky Diode. Looser fuzzy tone.
- Five "Bandwidth" options selectable via rotary switch
-- 1 is the thinnest setting with the lowest gain
-- 5 is the fattest setting with the heaviest gain
- Normal / Bright switching for full, warm tone (Normal), or a livelier tone with more chime (Bright)
- Selectable input Buffer via toggle switch
- "On" is lighter and brighter
- "Off" is warmer, with tube-like sag
- The buffer is part of the drive circuit, and is only available while the Palisades is activated.
- Two gain channels: Gain A (lower gain) and Gain B (higher gain)
- "Boost" footswitch engages clean boost with independent level control
- True bypass
- New flexi switch silent relay based switching allows for traditional latching or momentary operation of the "Gain B" and "Boost" features
- All-analog signal path
- Lifetime guarantee