The EarthQuaker Devices Dunes V2 Mega Ultimate Overdrive Pedal is a condensed version of our highly popular Palisades which is a heavily featured take on the classic 808 overdrive. It features the same Gain, Tone and Level controls along with their favorite voice and bandwidth settings as well as the "Normal/Bright" toggle. The selectable voices are: "MOSFET" for a tight crunchy sound (Setting 3 on the Palisades), "Silicon" for the classic 808 sound (Setting 5 on the Palisades) and "None" which goes from clean boost to gritty, pure opamp distortion with a massive volume boost (Setting 1 on the Palisades). The two bandwidth settings are "stock" for the classic tone (Setting 3 on the Palisades) and "full range" for more low end (Setting 5 on the Palisades). The Dunes has all the great tone of the big boy Palisades but with a simplified interface and a smaller footprint! singularly natural drumming experience. Players will immediately notice the improved feel, response, and reduction in acoustic noise, making the DM10 MKII Studio Kit ideal for quiet late-night practice sessions, as well as live performance and no-compromise studio recording.
The V2 Upgrade features the new Silent soft-touch relay based switching.
- Gain: Adjusts the drive, dirtier clockwise, cleaner counter-clockwise
- Tone: Brighter clockwise, warmer counter-clockwise
- Level: Sets the output level
- Normal/bright: Normal is a warm full tone, bright is livelier tone…
with more chime
- Bandwidth: Left is brighter with more emphasis on the mids, right is full range for more low end
- Voice: MF-MOSFET diode clipping, N-No diode clipping, Si-Silicon diode clipping