Epiphone CEC Coupe Classical Guitar
Easy travel no-feedback solid body classical with Shadow Panoramic pickup system
The Epiphone CE Coupe (Nylon String) is an updated version of the legendary "solid body" classical guitar in a reduced body size for easy travel. The CE Coupe features a chambered body for true classical acoustic tone when plugged in thanks to the revolutionary Shadow Panoramic SH-148-HD pickup system allowing for separate panning and EQ settings for the top three strings and the lower three strings. The preamp also includes both an Aux input (for an MP3 player) and a headphone output.
No feedback when plugged in!
The CE Coupe features a Select Spruce top in a Gloss Natural or Gloss Ebony finish and 6-layer Pure White & Black binding on the body top and as well as the Sloped Dovewing Slotted Classical-Style headstock. The Mahogany body is chambered allowing for a true acoustic tone when plugged in without the worry of feedback like most acoustic/electric guitars. The Solid Mahogany neck has a 1960's SlimTaper D-Profile and is glued to the body with a dovetail joint. The 1.81" width Graphtech nut width is slightly smaller than a full-size Classic (CES) styled guitar. The Ebony fingerboard has a 14" radius with 19 medium frets and a single layer of white binding. The truss rod is adjustable at the sound hole.
Shadow Panoramic Electronics
The nylon string CE Coupe is powered by the revolutionary new Shadow Panoramic SH-148-HD pickup system with a panoramic function that allows a player to separately EQ and pan the top 3 string and bottom 3 strings. Controls include a Master Volume, an EQ setting for the bass strings (E, A, D), treble strings (G, B, E), and a "Phase" switch. The onboard control panel also includes a Chromatic Tuner with a 7-Segment Display plus a Low-Battery Indicator, Headphone out, and an Aux In. The Shadow PanaFlex HD pickup is placed under the Bone saddle and Ebony bridge. The battery (AAA x 2) compartment is located next to the standard 1/4" output jack.
Solid Epiphone Hardware: The CE Coupe is easy to keep in tune with gold Epiphone Premium Classical machine heads with a 16:1 tuning ratio. Visit your Authorized Epiphone Dealer for a gig bag or hard case (sold separately).
- Solid Body Classical Guitar with Chambered Body Revolutionary Shadow Panoramic Pickup system-no feedback when plugged in
- Controls include Headphone and Aux input, EQ controls for high and low strings
- Ebony fingerboard, Ebony bridge and Graphtech nut
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Epiphone products.
- Finish: Gloss Top; Satin Back/Neck
- Top Material: Select Spruce
- Body Material: Mahogany; Chambered
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper; D-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Dovetail
- Truss Rod: 2-way, adjustable
- Headstock: Sloped Dovewing; Slotted Classical-Style; Pearloid "Epiphone" logo
- Nut Width: 1.81"
- Nut: Graphtech; Pure White
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Truss Rod: Yes; Adjustment at Soundhole
- Binding Top: PURE WHITE; 6-layers (PW/B/PW/B/PW/B)
- Body Back: None
- Fingerboard: PURE WHITE; 1-layer
- Headstock: PURE WHITE; 6-layers (PW/B/PW/B/PW/B)
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Frets: 19; Medium
- Shadow Panoramic SH-148-HD
- Master Volume
- EQ - Bass Strings (E, A, D)
- EQ - Treble Strings (G, B, E)
- Chromatic Tuner with 7-Segment Display
- Low-Battery Indicator
- Headphone Out (3.5mm)
- Aux In (3.5mm)
- Pickup: Shadow PanaFlex HD; Under-Saddle
- Output Jack: 1/4" Stereo with battery compartment
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle: Bone
- Hardware: Gold
- Pickguard: None
- Machine Heads: Epiphone Premium Classical; 16:1 Ratio
- Strings: Nylon
- Strap Buttons: Body Side OnlyIn order to continually improve the design, quality, and performance of their products and instruments, Epiphone reserves the right to change specifications without notice.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):