Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage Pro Electric Bass
What's special about this item?
|Feature:||What it does:|
|7-piece mahogany/walnut neck||Strong and straight with outstanding sustain|
|Mahogany wings||Rich, warm tone and smooth resonance|
|1960s SlimTaper neck||Recreates iconic '60s neck profiles for great feel|
|Epiphone ProBucker pickups||Based on Gibson BurstBuckers & vintage PAF pickups|
Classic Thunderbird StyleLegendary automotive designer Ray Dietrich designed the original Thunderbird Bass in the early 60s. The new Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage PRO uses the same profile of the original factory models with a 7-ply Mahogany and Walnut neck attached to Mahogany body wings with a through-neck joint. The neck has a 1960s style rounded profile and has a 34" scale, a 12" radius, and 20 medium jumbo frets. The Indian Laurel fingerboard has pearloid dot inlays just like the original, and the familiar Thunderbird headstock has a black truss rod cover with the 60s era Epiphone logo silkscreened in gold. The 3-Layer white and black pickguard has the original "Thunderbird" logo in black. The Thunderbird Vintage PRO is available in Alpine White, Ebony, and Tobacco Sunburst.
ProBucker Bass PickupsThe Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass is powered by Epiphone's critically acclaimed new ProBucker #760 Bass Pickups which are made with the same attention to detail as the ProBuckerTM and P-90 PROTM guitar pickups. ProBucker 760s are inspired by the original Thunderbird pickups from the 60s and feature 18% Nickel Silver Covers, German… read more manufactured Elektrisola Magnet wire, Alnico IV sand cast magnets, and braided coaxial lead wire and are vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics. Controls include gold "Top Hat" knobs with chrome metal inserts for individual Neck and Bridge volume settings along with a Master Tone control.
Rock Solid HardwareThe Thunderbird Vintage PRO Bass comes with a nickel-plated 1960s styled Tune-o-matic bridge and Claw tailpiece inspired by the original Thunderbird bridge along with open-gear bass tuners with historic "Clover" buttons and a pro 17:1 tuning ratio.
- Neck Joint: Through-Neck
- Body Material: Mahogany Body Wings
- Neck Shape: 1960's Rounded Bass Profile
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 1-ply black with "Epiphone" silkscreened in GOLD
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel with pearloid "DOT" inlays
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker Bass #760 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker Bass #760 Humbucker
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Tone
- Binding: None
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: 1960's TB-Bass Tune-o-matic; Adjustable
- Tailpiece: 1960's "Claw" Tailpiece
- Nut Width: 1-1/2"
- Nut Material: Imitation Bone; White
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Open-gear Bass Tuners with historic "Clover" buttons; 17:1 ratio
- Knobs: Gold Tophats with chrome metal inserts
- Pickguard: 3-Layer (White/Black/White); "Thunderbird" logo in black
- Optional: Hard Case (940-ETBCS) - Sold Separately
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 13.25 lbs
- Shipping Dimensions: 53 x 18 x 4 in
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): EBTVEBNH1
- Tobacco Sunburst
- Shipping Weight: 13.25 lbs
- Shipping Dimensions: 52 x 18 x 4 in
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): EBTVTSNH1
In order to continually improve the design, quality, and performance of Epiphone's products and instruments and to make use of the best materials at all times, Epiphone reserves the right to change specifications without notice.
- 8 x$93.63