Bring the Thunder with This Neck-Through-Body Sustain Machine!
Get your ears set for an entire rainbow of tonal possibilities. The Epiphone Thunderbird Pro-IV electric bass sports a seven-piece walnut/maple through-neck with mahogany body wings, giving this T-Bird an intricate striped look that just has to be seen to be appreciated. This eye-catching neck is shaped in a comfy slim taper bass profile, and features a smooth-as-glass 12" radius pau ferro fretboard of 20 frets. A pair of Epiphone T-PRO Bass active humbuckers capture your notes for a warm and rich projection, and a secure flush-mount fully adjustable bridge holds everything down in assured confidence. Finally, master volume, blend, high-EQ, and low-EQ controls help you hone in on the exact tone you're after. All of these features combine to bring you a seamless experience of warm and full-bodied all-bass tone.
Seven-Piece Walnut/Maple Neck and Through-Neck Construction
This bass's neck stacks 7 layers of walnut and maple, shaped into a snug and inviting slim taper bass profile. Walnut's denseness tends to give it similar characteristics to mahogany, while maple tends to have a brighter and snappier frequency yield. Together, these woods add a pleasant response to your playing, and the through-neck joint on this axe allows for a remarkably seamless transfer of sound from the neck through to your Thunderbird's rich mahogany body.
Dark-Toned Mahogany Body Wings
The wings of your Thunderbird's body are mahogany -- a wood that provides your notes plenty of lows and mids for an overall well-balanced sonic color. Since this axe's body and neck are connected in through-neck joining, the center section of your Thunderbird is a maple/walnut blend. Aside from giving this bass a striking striped look, it also brings all three woods together for a nice and pleasant tonal blend that you simply can't get from standard bass guitars.
Pair of Epiphone T-PRO Bass Active Humbuckers
Capturing all the tones that your Thunderbird has to offer are your pair of Epiphone T-PRO Bass bridge and neck humbucking pickups. Your bridge pickup takes in a slightly brighter and more trebly tone from your notes, and your neck humbucker, which is really located more towards a middle pickup position, projects a bit more body for a slightly thicker sound. Both of these pickups provide a pristine and well-articulated sound perfect for the tones this T-Bird is capable of creating.
Volume, Blend, and Two-band EQ Controls
To shape your Thunderbird's tone to your own sonic signature are your blend, volume, and high and low EQ knobs. Your blend allows you to fine-tune the combination of your Epiphone T-PRO Bass pickups, and your two-band EQ controls give you the freedom to dial in just as much brightness and thump as you need for any situation. You'll never get bored with the sounds you'll get out of this supremely versatile bass!
- Thunderbird body shape with mahogany wings
- Seven-piece walnut/maple neck in through-neck joint
- Slim taper bass neck profile
- Double-action 2-way truss rod
- 12" radius
- Scale length of 34"
- Pau ferro fingerboard with 20 frets
- Epiphone T-PRO Bass bridge and neck humbuckers
- Flush-mount fully adjustable bridge
- Master volume, blend, high EQ and low EQ controls
- Black hardware
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Epiphone products.
- Body Wings: Mahogany
- Neck: 7-piece Walnut/Maple Neck
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper Bass
- Neck Joint: Through-Neck
- Truss Rod: Double-Action, 2-way
- Fingerboard: Pau ferro
- Radius: 12 inch
- Frets: 20-Medium/Jumbo, nickel/silver alloy
- Scale Length: 34 inches
- Nut Width: 1.50 inches
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone T-PRO Bass Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone T-PRO Bass Humbucker
- Bridge: Flush-mount, fully adjustableControls:
- Master Volume
- Tuners: Premium Die-Cast Bass
- Outputs: 1/4 inch Mono with Metal Jack Plate
- Hardware: Black
- Optional Accessories: Epiphone Thunderbird Case (Not Included)
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime (US only)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Vintage Sunburst
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Natural Oil Satin
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):