Four Channels of Classic DBX Compression!
Fatten four tracks at once with the DBX 1046 four-channel compressor/limiter, fitting neatly into a 1U package that will deliver all the goods without eating up all the space in your rack. The 1046 is the perfect complement to a home recording studio or to any live sound reinforcement setup, allowing you to either use all four channels of classic DBX compression individually, or to couple them up into stereo pairs.
Smooth Operations, Proven DBX Technology: PeakStopPlus Limiter & OverEasy Knee
The DBX 1046 pulls its cues from some of DBX's classic compressors, including features like PeakStopPlus, a limiter on the output of the compressor that smooths over any egregious peaks coming out of the compressor, limiting the already compressed signal. This means that the 1046 will have no problem at all fitting into your existing chain of gear, and will actually act as a good buffer preventing overloads of anything that comes after it in sequence. The 1046 also features DBX's proven OverEasy compression, a soft-knee design which applies gain reduction to your signal just below the selected threshold level. OverEasy and a classic hard knee compression are switchable on each channel of the 1046.
Simple, No-Frills Design For All
The front panel of the 1046 is easy to look at, understand, and, most importantly, use. It's economical in every sense; it takes up very little space, and gives you as much compression from one unit as you can get, giving you all the options that you need with no frills and nothing unnecessary, just pure, clean, compression.
- Classic DBX compression, adding sustain and fatness to your signals while keeping dynamics under control in a live or studio context
- Four independent channels of compression that can be coupled in stereo pairs
- PeakStopPlus limiting control on the output, making sure you don't overload the rest of your system
- Threshold, Release, and switchable OverEasy and Hard Knee compression controls
- Balanced gold-plated XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs four each channel
- Switchable +4dBu or -10BV operation per channel
DBX has been an industry leader and standard for decades, from their 160 models found in most every professional studio for the past 50 years and beyond. The 1046 is a classic piece of the DBX sound, earning its deserved place in all environs, in the studio, out doing sound reinforcement, and anywhere else anyone needs high-quality sound in a compact package.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of DBX products.