With the double distortion engine (Alpha and Omega), the Darkglass Alpha Omicron delivers unparalleled versatility, harmonic rich and bone-crushing sound. Designed for bassists in need of a preamplifier to be distinctively heard in any musical context.
Darkglass Alpha Omicron Features & Controls
- Blend: Mixes the clean and processed signals. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine mix tuning.
- Level: Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- Drive: Sets the amount of gain in the overdriven signal.
- Mod: Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
- Bite Switch: Boosts High Mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- Growl Switch: Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.