Cre8Audio Nifty Eurorack Synthesizer Kit
Cre8audio describe the NiftyBUNDLE as "a pretty awesome box full of junk" and, "the most fun bundle of synthy crap for the money". NiftyBUNDLE is a collection of Cre8audio's most essential eurorack synth components: Case, modules, power, USB and DIN MIDI to CV, and "enough patch cables to get into trouble" are all included.
NiftyCASE video manual and (mis)information:
The NiftyBUNDLE is made up of the following Cre8audio components:
The Cre8audio NiftyCASE is a moderately sized euro rack case with HUGE possibilities!
NiftyCASE is more than just a basic eurorack case; it provides all the power and connection possibilities you could possibly ask for. NiftyCASE offers a beefy 2A of cumulative current via its +12v -12v and +5v power rails, ideal for all your modules.
Connecting your NiftyCASE to computers or MIDI devices is a breeze thanks to the built-in MIDI to CV conversion. NiftyCASE takes either DIN-MIDI from any DIN-MIDI device or USB-MIDI from your computer and turns it into eurorack compatible CV, gate, mod, and clock signals.
NiftyCASE's DIN-MIDI thru lets you easily daisy-chain multiple NiftyCASES and easily integrate NiftyCASE with your MIDI equipment. The NiftyCASE is the perfect size for a portable eurorack case being 84hp wide; that means NiftyCASE isn't super tiny or super huge. We asked Cre8audio how long it took their R&D team to arrive at the perfect size; they told it was just the right size for all of the cardboard boxes they bought to ship it to you in. It's a case with nifty features, it's the NiftyCASE. apparently they took ages thinking that one up.
Chipz and Cellz Modules
Chipz is a chiptune-inspired eurorack synth module, which will take you back to the halcyon sounds of the '80s.
Cre8audio describe chips as ideal for those who speak "bleep blop". They say that Chipz is "full of heaping piles of beeps, blops, and probably some other stuff too. It's got a couple of voices and some wacky LFO junk, perfect for getting your body wobbling"
Putting all of that into language you might understand a little more, Chipz is a dual VCO and dual LFO module with each offering sine, triangle, saw, square, and noise waveforms.
Cellz is another wacky module from the deranged minds over at Cre8audio. A programmable CV touchpad where each touch segment can be tuned to 2 different CV values then played by hand, sequenced, and arpeggiated.
Box 'O' Cables & Blanking Panels
To get you up and running, the NiftyBUNDLE also comes with Cre8audio's Box 'O' Cables, allowing you to get patching and making noise straight away. The NiftyBUNDLE also includes some Cre8audio branded panel blanks to fill empty eurorack space.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Cre8Audio products.
- Included in the NiftyBUNDLE:
- NiftyCASE 15v 2.4A PSU
- Box 'O' Cables
- 2x Cre8audio "8" panel blanks- NiftyCase:
- USB-MIDI IN
- DIN-MIDI IN & THRU
- 2x cv/gate out
- Mod and clock outputs- Power options:
- External PSU in
- 10 gang flying bus
- 12v 1500mA
- -12v 500mA
- +5v 500mA- NiftyCASE dimensions:
- Usable case area 84hp
- Internal depth 55mm- Chipz:
- Width = 12hp
- Depth = 30mm- Waveforms:
- chip1 - sine, triangle, saw, square, noise
- chip2 - sine, triangle, saw, square, noise
- LFO - sine, triangle, saw, square, noise
- 35mA power draw when running +12V rail
- 30mA power draw when running +5V rail
- 19mA power draw when running -12V
- 0-5V voltage range LFO output 1
- 0-5.8V voltage range LFO output 2
- Frequency range of oscillators
- chip1 - out 91 ~ 1.47K
- chip2 - out 91 ~ 1.47K
- lfo - out1 75.75m ~ 2
- lfo - out2 370m ~ 10
- Input voltage range of oscillators = 0-10V
- Minimum voltage required to set LFO trigger input high = 0.7 ~ 5V- Cellz:
- Width = 12hp
- Depth = 30mm
- 2.5mA power draw when running +12V rail
- 27mA power draw when running +5V rail
- 1.5mA power draw when running -12V
- 0-10V voltage range output 1
- 0-10V voltage range output 2
- Minimum voltage required to set LFO triggers 1/2 high = 0.8V- Cables:
2x 45cm, 2x 35cm, 2x 20cm
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):