Cordoba Fuses Classy Looks, Easy Playability and Classical Tone!The Cordoba Fusion 12 Natural Classical acoustic-electric guitar will warm the room around you with rich, articulate, and elegant sound. A sturdy and resonant mahogany neck provides 19 frets of playing room over a smooth rosewood fingerboard, and a cedar-topped body with mahogany back and sides offer plenty of resonance and depth. Fishman Presys electronics capture and reproduce the warmth of this baby's tone into a signal eager for an audience, and the phase switch, three-band EQ, and onboard digital tuner keep your output under control for performances, recording sessions, or quiet rehearsals in your bedroom.
Cedar Top and Mahogany Back and SidesThe top wood on your Cordoba Fusion 12 is solid cedar, which brings in a special tonal flair to your sound. Cedar tends to emphasize the lower end more when compared to spruce. Its strong grain pattern is a pleasure to look at, and mixing in a mahogany back and sides to the picture gives you an attractive, full-bodied tone with plenty of warmth and adequate sustain.
Get Plugged In with the Fishman Presys SystemWhether you're plugged in or going acoustic, your Cordoba Fusion 12 will consistently sound great. Fishman Presys electronics capture your playing and craft it all into a clean, clear, and pristine output ready to fill the room. The volume control, three-band EQ, and phase switch will help you keep your tonal contour in check, and an onboard digital tuner allows you to play and tune without the need for a tuning pedal.
Mahogany Neck and Rosewood FingerboardSpanning 19 frets in length, this classical acoustic-electric axe's mahogany neck is a runway for your fingers. Mahogany wood tends to push the middle and lower frequencies well, bringing solid amount of sustain to the mix. The rosewood fingerboard is super-smooth to the touch, and a comfortable action allows each nylon string to hug closely, affording a remarkable playability that's addicting to the touch.
Classical Tones and Classy ThreadsAside from sounding good, this classical crossover guitar is a pleasure to look at as well. Solid cedar provides a strong grain pattern, and a classy all-natural inlaid wood rings rosette elegantly surrounds your Cordoba Fusion 12's soundhole. A fashionable Spanish classic cutaway body shape looks sleek and allows your fingers convenient access to those higher frets.
Features:- Spanish classic cutaway body shape
- Solid Canadian cedar top
- Mahogany back and sides
- Fan body bracing
- Ivoroid binding
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with 19 frets
- Scale length of 25.5"
- Mother of pearl side position markers
- Rosewood bridge
- Cordoba silver tuners
- Fishman presys system electronics
- Consistently warm and well-balanced tone
- Volume, bass, middle, and treble controls
- Phase switch
- Built in digital tuner
- All natural inlaid wood rings rosette
- Gig bag included
If you're looking to cross over from electric guitar to nylon-string classical -- or vice versa -- this super-versatile, warm-sounding instrument will get you there.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Cordoba Guitars products.
- - Top: Solid Canadian cedar
- - Back & Sides: Mahogany
- - Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding/Rosewood bridge
- - Purfling/Inlay: 3 ply maple and ebony top purfling
- - Rosette: All natural inlaid wood rings
- - Finish: High gloss PU
- - Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/Rosewood radiused fingerboard
- - Scale Length: 650mm (25.6)
- - Nut Width: 48mm (1 7/8 in.)
- - Fret Marker Inlays: Mother of Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- - Nut/Saddle: Bone
- - Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- - Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- - Body Width & Length: 275mm (10.8 in.) at upper bout, 365mm (14.4 in.) at lower bout
- - Body Depth: 88mm (3.5 in.) at upper bout, 88mm (3.5 in.) at lower bout
- - Turning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- - Strings: Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJ
- - Electronics:
- - Fishman Presys with built-in digital tuner
- - Built in digital tuner
- - Case: Cordoba gig bag
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- with World Tour AG20PS Gig Bag
Cordoba Fusion 12 Classical GuitarThe 12 Natural is built with a solid Canadian cedar top paired with mahogany back and sides. The rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings, and it features 3 ply maple and ebony top purfling for a sleek aesthetic. It also comes equipped with the Fishman Presys pickup. The fingerboard and bridge are rosewood, neck has 12 frets to the body, and comes with a deluxe Cordoba gig bag.
Cordoba's Fusion Series: Classical Meets ModernThe 12 Natural belongs to Cordoba's Fusion series, a line of high-quality crossover or hybrid style nylon-string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars and have a nut width of 48mm (1 7/8").
With 12 frets to the body, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Cordoba 12 Natural the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally, the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns.
Additional features include a cutaway body styles, Fishman pickup, 2-way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players are looking for.
Features:- Solid Canadian cedar top
- Mahogany back and sides
- 48mm ( 1 7/8") nut width and thinner neck profile
- 16" radiused ebony fingerboard for comfortable feel
- Fishman Presys pickup with built-in digital tuner
- Includes Cordoba gig bag
Cordoba's Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.