Cordoba Fusion 12 Rose Classical Guitar
The Rose belongs to Cordoba's Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars and have a nut width of 48mm (1 7/8"). These slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns in the design.
Additional features include cutaway and non cutaway body styles, Fishman or BBand pickups, 2 way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba's Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The Rose is built with a solid Indian rosewood top and Indian rosewood back and sides. The neck has 12 frets, and has an ebony fingerboard. The bridge, binding, and headstock overlay are made of Indian rosewood, and the rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings. The 12 Rose is equipped with the Fishman Presys Blend pickup, and includes a deluxe Cordoba gig bag. Click here for a few tips on how to use the Fishman Presys Blend.
The 12 fret model more closely resembles a traditional classical guitar, and allows the bridge to sit a bit further back on the soundboard, where resonance is optimized for a large sound with long sustain.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Cordoba Guitars products.
- Top: Solid Indian rosewood
- Back & Sides: Indian rosewood
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 3 ply maple and ebony top, back, and side purfling
- Rosette: All natural inlaid wood rings
- Finish: High gloss PU finish
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/Ebony radiused fingerboard / Fusion Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Yes, 4 mm
- Scale Length: 640 mm (25.2")
- Nut Width: 48 mm (1 7/8")
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother of Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 or 14 to body, 19 or 21 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length: 275 mm (10.8") at upper bout, 365 mm (14.4") at lower bout
- Body Depth: 98 mm (3.9") at upper bout, 99 mm (3.9") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJ
- Electronics: Fishman Presys Blend with 4 Band EQ + phase, undersaddle piezo and internal microphone with blender, built in digital tuner
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: NA
- Case: Cordoba gig bag
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):