The Casio LK-280 keyboard may weigh just under 10 pounds, but it packs a metric ton of value for beginning pianists. The "LK" in LK-280 stands for "Lighted Keys." That's right, this keyboard will light up and flash each key to show you where to play next. Follow the lights and turn on the gentle simulated voice that calls out finger numbers, and you're off to the races on the lighted, touch-responsive keyboard, while the LCD displays musical notation and correct hand positioning.
Built-in Lessons: Learn At Your Own Pace
The Casio LK-280 61-key lighted USB keyboard includes Step Lessons -- songs broken down so you can learn them phrase by phrase, at your own pace, while the keyboard saves your progress and scores your performance. As each phrase is mastered, you'll learn to play any of the 152 built-in songs.
Play Along with Auto-Accompaniment Rhythm Patterns and Record Your Performance
There's a 5-song, 6-track recorder on-board for your own compositions, and with 600 built-in tones (including stereo grand piano), you've got a whole band at your fingertips. Use the built-in metronome to learn to play in tempo, and choose one of 180 built-in rhythm patterns to learn to play with "feel." There's a port on the back to plug in a microphone, so you can sing along with your own accompaniment. You can even plug your MP3 player to the standard 1/8-inch audio input, and listen to your tunes out loud on the dual 2.5-watt stereo speakers.
USB Port and SD Card…
Slot: Add Your Own MIDI FilesPlug the LK-280 into your computer via its USB port to use it with any MIDI-compatible music education or composition software. Load MIDI files onto an SD card and pop it in the LK-280's SD card slot to listen to any song you can find in MIDI format. Hundreds of MIDI songs will fit on a 16 MB card. Give the small-capacity SD card that came with your digital camera a new life! Slow down the tempo of songs and play along -- as the keys light up magically. And of course, you can easily turn off the flashing keys anytime.
Power Supply Included -- Or Run on BatteriesThe Casio LK-280 comes with an included power supply, but it can also run on six size-D batteries. With a light-up keyboard in such a lightweight package, students just might not want to stop when the lesson is over. It's just too much fun to play a keyboard that glows in the dark!
Features:- 61 standard-size, touch-sensitive light-up keys
- 600 built-in tones, including stereo grand piano with layer/split capability
- 152 built-in songs and Step-teaching mode
- Built-in metronome with 180 rhythm patterns
- Shift octaves or transpose the keyboard up to 12 semitones up or down
- Tuning control from A4 = 415.5 to 465.9 Hz -- tune up the LK-280 to your family's acoustic piano, and play a duet!
- On-board digital effects include reverb, chorus, auto-harmonize, and arpeggiator
- Microphone input -- accompany yourself singing
- Mic sampling system -- record up to 10 seconds of your own voice or percussion
- 12,000-note, 5-song, 6-track recorder
- SD card slot supports up to 32 GB card -- play along with any MIDI file
- 102 demo songs
- 48 notes of polyphony
- General MIDI-compliant
- LCD display
- USB port -- connect to any computer
- Sustain pedal jack
- Headphone jack -- rehearse silently!
- 1/8-inch audio input jack -- plug in your MP3 player