Cakewalk Sonar Artist Music Software
SONAR ARTIST is Cakewalk's recording software for songwriters, musicians and producers, available for Windows platforms. You won't find a more feature-packed recording software package in this price range. SONAR Artist offers unlimited audio and MIDI tracks, busses, sends and FX, superior audio quality, video support, and the same high-tech specs as our flagship Platinum version. Enabled for Touch control, the award-winning Skylight User Interface's inspiring and efficient workflow lets you focus on the music. With 27 bundled effects, 12 virtual instruments, and a dedicated Mix Strip on every track with one-knob Style Dial FX doing the math for you, SONAR Artist has everything you need to get your music out to the masses.
In this video from Cakewalk, see how you can comp together a vocal track with SONAR Artist:
Experience creativity in a way only SONAR can offer: industry-leading technology, effortless workflow, and an inviting interface that amplifies inspiration. Backed and powered by over 25 years in the relentless pursuit of innovation, SONAR is refueling the existence of modern music creation.
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, effects, sends and busses
- Create professional compositions with 12 instruments, and 27 FX included
- Fully tested, supported and compatible with Windows 10/8/7
- Overloud TH3 Cakewalk amp sim: world-class guitar tones in SONAR
- Onscreen and QWERTY MIDI controller: Create music anywhere!
- Rapture Session Instrument: 4GB library and 450 hand-picked sounds
- Mix Recall: switch mixes in a flash without leaving the project
- MixStrip modular processing channel strips on every track
- 8 powerful easy-to-use Style Dial FX processing modules
- Add Track Menu: Get recording faster with a simple and smart menu
- Help Module: A "hovering" system to learn/command the program fast!
- Mastering Templates that master your mixes in seconds
- Get your song radio-ready with the Boost 11 Peak Limiter (Mastering)
- Piano Roll View (PRV) Enhancements for faster MIDI editing
- Record and mix with the powerful end-to-end 64-bit double precision engine
- Share your music on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Expandable Sends/FX Stacking = easier visual control over your mix
- Control Bar dynamically repositions and resizes
- Achieve higher-quality mixes with Plug-in Upsampling
- The fastest workflow in any DAW with the Skylight User Interface
- Create the best performances from multiple takes with Speed Comping
- ARA Integration for Melodyne (Melodyne 4 Essential available on upgrade)
- Support for VST3, hi-res DSD, ARA and Multi-touch
- Program beats using the familiar Step Sequencer
- Drag, drop and play loops in real-time with the nonlinear Matrix View
- Optimize your MIDI editing and paint notes with the Pattern Tool
- The Smart Tool & Smart Grid make all editing work hassle-free and easy
- Custom touch support on touch-enabled devices running Windows 8 and 10
- Mix like a pro with a full mixing console that includes built-in EQ + templates
- And much more
Working with MIDI? See SONAR Artist's Pattern Tool in this video from Cakewalk:
TH3 Cakewalk Amp Simulator
Achieve world-class guitar tones directly inside SONAR. Guitarists (and now bassists too!) can experience the most accurate model reproductions available in the business with an expandable collection of amps, cabs, and effects. A user-friendly interface and refined precision DSP engine tie it all together. In addition to TH3 Cakewalk, SONAR also includes 16 virtual drag-and-drop amps for even more options.
Never second-guess yourself on a mix again. Mix Recall lets you save and switch to various mix scenes for easy, one-click comparisons without leaving the project. Swap out effects, fader positions, or every parameter so that you can restore an original mix, create remixes, or just entertain a client's suggestion. Mix tracks specifically for radio, podcast, video, or mp3, and then bounce every version in a single export.
Help Module and Add Track Menu
SONAR is a lot more user-friendly. The Help Module has everything you need to know, right inside the program. Designed to help you learn the program faster and discover new workflows, the Help Module provides item descriptions, helpful hints and tips, modifier keys and keyboard shortcuts, and links to online help, videos and more. The simple and smart Add Track Menu will have you recording faster and more efficiently than ever before.
Mix Strip with Style Dial FX
The MixStrip is a simple tool to effortlessly achieve professional results. It features a collection of audio processing modules that can be dynamically added, removed, and reordered per audio track. Combine equalization with one-knob Style Dial FX that have done all the math for you behind the scenes. Using the Mix Strip with Style FX will give you radio-ready mixes without having to dive into complicated plug-ins.
Onscreen Virtual Controller with QWERTY Keyboard Input
No MIDI controller? No problem. The Onscreen Virtual Controller lets you compose with all of your favorite virtual instruments with absolutely no MIDI hardware connected to your computer. It also supports mouse input and QWERTY keyboards so you can type MIDI compositions right into SONAR, jump octaves, and even adjust velocity without a touch screen. What's more, a special piano for touch-enabled devices snaps automatically to the screen resolution size.
FX Stacking and Expandable Sends
The award-winning Skylight interface continues to evolve, and with Stacked FX and Expandable Sends; you can view as many effects and sends as your screen resolution can handle—in both Track and Console views.
Export to LANDR Mastering
LANDR is integrated directly into SONAR allowing you to master your tracks instantly. LANDR uses highly developed and tested A.I. technology to profile and deliver you the most accurate master for your style and genre. You can quickly preview your mixes and get real-time feedback to make instant improvements.
Stunning FX Chains
From single-knob utilities, to boutique digital stompboxes, to sound-generating environments and additional effects, these 50+ FX chains will kick-start your creativity and streamline the production process.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Cakewalk products.