Bitwig Studio Music Production Software
Bitwig Studio is the next-generation music creation, recording, and performance software with a focus on flexible editing and super-fast workflow. Combining traditional arrangement sequencing with modern performance-oriented clip launching workflows, Bitwig Studio is the ultimate solution for realizing all your musical ideas across every stage of production.
Capture your ideas in clips and quickly create complete arrangements, combining clip and scene launching with traditional linear multi-track recording. Moving back and forth between clip and linear workflows is seamless, with both clips and linear recordings and editing available right from the Arrange and Mix views.
However you prefer to record, create or perform, Bitwig Studio will get the best out of you and your music. Bitwig Studio also comes with a complete complement of editing tools for both audio and MIDI. And it's fast to use with advanced layered editing, multiple audio events per clip plus much more.
The foundation is a state-of-the-art audio engine under the hood, with full multi-processing support, a unified modulation system, 32/64-bit VST plug-in bridging, and VST plug-in crash protection.
Check out how Bitwig Studio works with this video:
Free Update to Bitwig Studio 1.1 Included
Bitwig Studio 1.1 is a substantial update featuring devices, track crossfader, workflow improvements and controller API functionality. The Bitwig Studio 1.1 update is free to existing Bitwig 1.0 users.
Bitwig Studio comes with over 50 included devices including:
- Instruments: Polysynth, FM-4, Organ, Sampler and analog-style Drum Modules
- FXs: Delays, Equalizers, Compressors, Modulation effects, Distortion Filters and more
- Container devices (to build parallel instrument or effect chains)
- Note FX, and Modulator devices: Additional controllers like LFOs, envelope followers and step sequencers for modulating any other device
- Extend this collection with your favorite VST effects and instruments, and use them side by side with Bitwig Studio internal devices.
Multiple devices including instruments, samplers and effects can be combined in a container to create layered, vector/morphing sounds and drum machine setups.
The Unified Modulation System allows the use of Macro Controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelope Followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested internal devices and even VST plug-ins. This semi-modular system is simple to use and yet expands the sound capabilities of a device way beyond the confines of its individual parameters.
And to get you going, 3 GB of factory content is included featuring: Drum Machines (808, 909... Percussion), Acoustic Drums, multi-sampled instruments like Wurlitzer, Rhodes, Vibraphone, Marimba, Acoustic and Electric Bass, Sampled Drum and Instrument loops, Various Sound FX, and more. A comprehensive Control API expands the Bitwig Studio system with extensive and transparent hardware control integration with Nektar's Panorama and Impact range of controllers as well as products from Novation and Livid.
Check out the Audio Editing functions with this video:
- Intuitive non-linear sequencing for the studio and performance
- Tabbed document interface for multiple projects open at once with drag-and-drop between them
- Dedicated Device Panel Mappings with color-coded knobs and buttons for an overview at a glance
- Great sounding proprietary time-stretching technology
- Multiple audio events per clip: Automatically cut up samples and rearrange them on the fly in
the Detail Editor
- Automatic audio slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine
- Advanced layered editing
- Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control
- Dynamic Object Inspector: Select multiple notes or events and edit them together with the interactive parameter histogram, easily adding variations as you go
- Over 50 included devices, including instruments, samplers, drum machine, effects, containers and more
- Unified Modulation System to modulate any device parameter including effects and VST plug-ins
- VST 2.4 support with built-in 32/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection.
- 3 GB of sound content including presets, samples, loops and instruments
- Support for many MIDI controllers out of the box including Nektar Panorama and Impact LX, Novation and Livid.
- Multi-display support for up to 3 displays
- Full multi-core and multi-processor support
- Cross-platform DAW (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Bitwig products.