Boss Katana Guitar Amplifier Half StackThe Boss Katana Guitar Amplifier Half Stack is a powerful, lightweight and compact setup with the Katana 100 watt Head and Katana 2x12 cabinet.
Katana Head - Crafted Tones, Forged for RockCompact and powerful, the 100-watt Katana Head delivers sharply defined rock tones with rich, commanding presence. The amp also includes integrated access to a huge range of BOSS effects, which are customizable using the free BOSS Tone Studio editor software. And with the powerful on-board Tone Setting memories, you can store your favorite amp channel setups and effects combinations for instant recall. In addition, the versatile Katana-Head is equipped with an effects loop and MIDI for integration with advanced rigs, and features a convenient built-in monitor speaker for tone preview and practice without a cab.
Katana Version 3: Added Effect Types, Real-Time Control Assignments, and Stereo Effects When Recording via USB
The Katana Version 3 update enhances the stage-class Katana amp lineup with even more performance versatility. Effect types include the legendary Roland DC-30 Analog Chorus-Echo, classic BOSS GE-10 Graphic Equalizer, and expressive 95E pedal wah, providing iconic tones that perfectly match the Katana’s Brown amp character. In addition, BOSS Tone Studio offers the ability to assign favorite parameters for quick-access control from the front-panel effects knobs and create custom control assignments for up to three connected expression pedals. And when tracking in a DAW via USB, it’s now possible to capture true stereo sound with many of the Katana’s modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects. Katana Version 3 is a free, user-installable update for all Katana owners.
Katana-Head Main Features- Light and portable 100-watt amplifier head with powerful, gig-ready sound
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from a huge selection of customizable effects and effect routing configurations with the BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Dedicated gain, EQ, presence, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Integrated 5-inch monitor speaker for practice without an external cab
- MIDI input for Tone Setting selection and effects on/off from a MIDI foot controller
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
Katana Head Version 2 Added Features- Tone Setting memories increased from four to eight (two banks of four)
- Access to 58 total effects (SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E types added)
- Full-time channel and global parametric EQs for refined tone shaping
- Three Cabinet Resonance types adjust the interaction between the amp's output section and speaker, enabling you to fine-tune the feel and tone of the amp
- Cabinet simulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs enhanced with three Air Feel settings for adding depth and dimension to direct tones
- Reverb section now supports delay and delay-plus-reverb in addition to reverb only
- Expanded send/return routing options for inserting external processing in the effects loop
About the Katana Amp SeriesKatana -- the traditional sword carried by the historic samurai of Japan -- is a symbol of honor, precision, and artistry in Japanese culture. Adopting the majestic sword's name with pride, the Katana series presents guitar amplifiers with smooth, cutting tones honed by generations of dedication and expertise. Born of the development process behind the acclaimed Waza amplifier, these innovative amps embody BOSS's determined pursuit of the ultimate rock sound. Featuring proprietary circuit designs and meticulous tuning, the Katana series combines traditional craftsmanship and breakthrough functions to produce true next-generation rock amplifiers.
A Refined Amp with Inspiring ToneDesigned for guitarists who are serious about their sound, the Katana-Head offers exceptional tone and touch response for stage playing, recording, and simply practicing at home. A standout characteristic of every Katana amp is the dynamic interaction between its output section and the speaker, which provides the ultra-responsive musical experience that players crave. The Version 2 update adds an expressive Cabinet Resonance function derived from the flagship Waza amps, which allows you to customize this interaction for your touch with three resonance types. Delivering class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence that stands shoulder-to-shoulder with high-end amp designs, the Katana-Head is ready to meet the needs of any playing situation.
Five Original Amp Characters, Honed for Rock PlayingSharpened to perfection by the BOSS engineering team, the Katana-Head's five amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds. Clean is natural and transparent, while Crunch offers satisfying grit and response. Lead has a wide gain range to suit many styles, from fat, stinging blues solos to fluid legato shredding. With DNA inherited from the Waza amp, Brown delivers refined high-gain tone sought after by the world's greatest rock players. The Acoustic character further enhances the Katana's versatility, providing optimized tone that makes acoustic-electric guitars sound stunningly natural.
Leave Your Pedalboard at HomeWith its built-in BOSS effects, the Katana-Head lets you perform anywhere with just a guitar and amp. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio via USB provides access to 58 fully-customizable effects, and you can load your favorites into the amp's various effects sections. Going beyond standard distortion, delay, and reverb, the selection includes powerful tone-shapers like pitch shifting, ring mod, slicer, and many more. Added in Version 2, the SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E effects provide classic sounds that are a perfect match for the Katana's Brown channel tones. Additional updates include the ability to use delay and delay-plus-reverb in the Reverb section, plus enhanced send/return routing for using favorite pedals and other external processing in the amp's effects loop.
Tone Settings: One-Touch Recall of Custom Amp and Effects SetupsOne of the Katana-Head's most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp channel and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. The Version 2 update adds a second bank of Tone Settings, doubling the number of available memories from four to eight. Combined with the added channel and global parametric EQs (configurable in BOSS Tone Studio), this elevates the Katana Head's performance versatility to even higher levels. It's easy to select Tone Settings and switch between the two banks from a panel button, an optional external footswitch, or MIDI.
Grab-and-Go OperationWhile the Katana-Head includes many advanced features, it's amazingly simple to operate. Familiar knobs for gain, three-band EQ, and presence let you quickly dial in your tone, just as you would with any standard amp. Essential effects parameters are adjusted with a simple knob twist, and Tone Settings can be stored with a brief button hold. And with the convenient Power Control, you can roll back the volume for small stages and home playing while retaining the expressive tone and feel of a cranked-up amp.
Connect and ControlThe Katana Head's speaker out supports connection to your favorite 8-ohm or 16-ohm cabinet. And with the handy built-in monitor speaker, you're able to check tones and practice anywhere without having to hook up a cab at all. The Katana Head also features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with cabinet simulation, allowing you to send mic'd up amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones for quiet practice. Version 2 further enhances this capability with three Air Feel settings derived from the flagship Waza amps. Advanced players will appreciate the MIDI input, which enables easy integration with MIDI controllers and switching devices.
BOSS Tone CentralAt the BOSS TONE CENTRAL website, you'll find numerous free amp and effects setups for the Katana series. Created by pro guitarists, these setups provide ready-to-play sounds for various music styles, and also make great starting points for building your own sounds. They load into the memories in a Katana amp via the BOSS Tone Studio editor software, which is also available at the site. In addition to Katana effects selection and customization, BOSS Tone Studio gives you a convenient way to organize all your Katana setups for different gigs, recordings, and practice sessions.
Boss Katana 212 Guitar Speaker CabinetThe versatile Boss Katana Cabinet 212 is a companion cabinet for the popular Katana-Head guitar amplifier. Boss's special design provides enhanced bass response and rugged durability while keeping the weight down for easy mobility. The cabinet comes loaded with two custom 12-inch speakers that deliver powerful, punchy sound with a rich full bottom end, offering exceptional performance for tones from super-clean to ultra-heavy. And with the detachable back panel section, you can easily go from a tight and focused closed-back stack tone to a spacious open-back sound of a classic combo.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Boss products.
Katana Head Power Output:
100 WattsKatana Head Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- AUX IN: -10 dBu (20 k ohms)
- RETURN IN: -10 dBu (100 k ohm)Katana Head Controls:
- POWER switch
- MASTER knob
- PRESENCE knob
- POWER CONTROL switch (STANDBY, 0.5 W, 50 W, 100 W) Katana Head Amplifier:
- AMP TYPE knob (ACOUSTIC, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, BROWN)
- GAIN knob
- VOLUME knobKatana Head Equalizer:
- BASS knob
- MIDDLE knob
- TREBLE knobKatana Head Multi-effect:
- BOOSTER/MOD button
- DELAY/FX button
- REVERB button
- TAP button
- BOOSTER/MOD knob
- DELAY/FX knob
- REVERB knobKatana Head Tone Setting:
- CH1 button
- CH2 button
- CH3 button
- CH4 button
- PANEL buttonKatana Head Indicators:
- PANELKatana Head Connectors:
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- SEND jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- RETURN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- SPEAKER OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- GA-FC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- MIDI IN connector
- USB port: USB B type
- AC IN jackKatana Head Additional Specs
- Power Consumption: 77 W
- Dimensions: 18-9/16" (W) x 9" (D) x 8-1/2" (H)
- Weight: 19 lbs 7 ozBoss Katana 212
- Rated Power Input: 150 W
- Speakers: 12" x 2
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohmsBoss Katana 212 Connectors
- Input jack: 1/4" phone typeBoss Katana 212 Dimensions
- (W x D x H): 26-7/16" x 11-13/16" x 19-15/16"
- Weight: 48 lbs 9 oz
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700