Boss CP-1X Multiband Compressor Pedal
Powered by BOSS's MDP technology, the CP-1X is a type of multiband compressor for guitar that preserves the character of your instrument and technique for unlimited musical expression. Intelligent processing analyzes your signal in multiple dimensions as you play, providing advanced dynamics control that never colors or muddies your tone like typical stompbox compressors can. The simple, four-knob interface makes it easy to dial in sophisticated results, while the handy gain reduction indicator always shows you how much compression is being applied. Optimized for all types of guitars, the CP-1X offers next-generation performance for every style of music.
Intelligent Processing for Natural Sound
When you first plug into the CP-1X, you're in for a totally new guitar compressor experience. Typical stompbox compressors color and restrict your sound, and are hard to dial in for various playing styles. The innovative CP-1X eliminates these drawbacks and more, opening up a world of expressive potential. The powerful MDP engine analyzes your guitar's many different tonal elements in real time, providing natural compression that intelligently follows and adapts to your playing. With this high-tech approach, your true tone and technique always comes through, even when using aggressive settings for that effected "squish."
Tap Into New Levels of Musical Expression
No matter what kind of guitar or style you play, the CP-1X always delivers rich, musical tone. From mellow phrases and arpeggios to heavy rhythms, fast solos, and beyond, every playing nuance remains detailed and defined. The pedal also provides superior performance for chicken pickin' country licks, funky rhythm grooves, and other standard guitar compressor applications, and works great as a booster thanks to its punchy, transparent sound. On seven- and eight-string guitars, the CP-1X easily controls upper-range dynamics without compromising your powerful low-end tone. And when used with acoustic-electric guitar, the natural, lush overtones are fully preserved as you go from gentle fingerpicking to full-chord strums.
Studio-Level Results with Simple Controls
With the knobs on most pedal compressors, what you see is what you get. Not so with the CP-1X, as the pedal's controls interact with each other at a highly detailed level. When you turn a knob, numerous interlocked parameters are adjusted under the hood at once. This gives you dynamics control and tone shaping ability that far exceeds standard compressor pedals, providing results previously attainable only with high-end studio processing. The good news is that you don't need to be a sound engineer to use the CP-1X -- its sophisticated MDP processing has been meticulously fine-tuned by the BOSS engineers to let you dial in ultra-polished tone with familiar stompbox controls.
High-End Features for Pro Performance
The CP-1X features pro-level 18-volt input circuitry that provides ample headroom for the hottest guitar pickups, ensuring exceptional clarity with any instrument. A 16-segment gain reduction indicator clearly displays the compression amount, making it easy to see what the pedal's doing. The CP-1X's noise performance is also extremely low in comparison with other compressors, another huge benefit brought by BOSS technology.
MDP: Advanced Tech, Superior Tone
Leveraging decades of research and development, BOSS's proprietary Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) technology offers a fresh approach to achieving exceptional guitar tones. In real time, MDP analyzes the various elements that make up the sound, including frequency, overtones, dynamics, pickup response, and more. Various playing characteristics are analyzed as well, such as note register, single notes vs. chords, bends, vibrato amount, and others. Each individual element is then processed in unique ways to produce optimized tones as you play. With its ultra-detailed, high-tech approach, MDP delivers tone quality and playability that reaches far beyond the limits of traditional effects processing.
- Next-generation guitar compressor that uses BOSS's advanced MDP tech to preserve musical expression
- Intelligent circuitry adapts to every register and playing nuance, providing natural compression with exceptional clarity
- Sophisticated under-the-hood processing with multiple interlocking parameters, accessible with simple stompbox controls
- Gain reduction indicator shows the current compression amount at a glance
- Digital circuitry greatly reduces noise, a common problem with standard compressors
- Professional 18-volt input electronics provide ample headroom for clean, punchy sound
- Works with all types of guitars, including seven- and eight-string instruments and acoustic-electrics
- BOSS five-year warranty
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Boss products.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypassControls:
- Pedal switch
- COMP knob
- RATIO knob
- ATTACK knob
- LEVEL knob
- Indicators: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator), GAIN REDUCTION indicatorConnectors:
- INPUT jack
- OUTPUT jack
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Working Voltage: 18 V
- Current Draw: 90 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 3 hours * These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY", "IMPORTANT NOTES", and "Information"), Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 450 g, 1 lb
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):