Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp Guitar PedalWith the Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp, acoustic-electric guitarists can now experience natural, studio-quality sound while performing on any stage. Equipped with an advanced BOSS sound engine, this compact pedal packs sophisticated processing power that belies its small size and simple, intuitive interface. Acoustic Resonance reproduces the complex resonance characteristics of your unplugged tone, while Ambience provides pro-level reverberation perfectly optimized for acoustic guitar. The AD-2 also features essential stage tools such as a notch filter for feedback control, a balanced DI out for direct connection to a PA, and a convenient mute function for tuning and switching guitars.
Bring Your Acoustic's Natural Sound to the StageThe tone of an acoustic guitar is created by the complex interaction of sounds from its body, top, strings, and other elements. And as you play with varying techniques, dynamics, and more, this interaction constantly evolves to create the rich, woody sound you love. Unfortunately, the standard undersaddle piezo pickups installed on most stage guitars simply can't reproduce this resonant complexity. The AD-2's Acoustic Resonance effect solves this issue by analyzing the input signal as you play, and then employing advanced processing to beautifully recreate your guitar's naturally evolving tone. Twisting the one-knob control adjusts multiple parameters inside the AD-2 to achieve the perfect tonal balance for any style, from delicate fingerpicking to intense strumming.
Enhance Your Guitar with Pro-Quality ReverbAfter using Acoustic Resonance to bring back your guitar's natural, intimate tone, adding some further depth and dimension with a little reverb makes it that much better. With the AD-2's Ambience effect, you can dial in studio-quality reverb for any performing environment. Unlike standard reverbs that can cloud an acoustic guitar's sound, the optimized BOSS algorithms in the AD-2 produce lush, deep ambience that perfectly complements your instrument's voice. Like the Acoustic Resonance effect, a simple one-knob control tweaks many interlocked parameters under the hood, giving you access to a wide range of detailed reverb sounds.
DI Output and Feedback KillerThe AD-2 features two independent outputs for performance flexibility. Connect the Output jack to your acoustic guitar amp or stage monitor, and use the Line Out to send a balanced signal direct to the PA mixer. It's even possible to turn off the Ambience effect in the Line Out signal, giving the PA engineer the flexibility to add their own reverb at the board. And if you encounter any low-frequency feedback issues on stage, the AD-2's notch filter has you covered. As soon as you hear that familiar rumble, just turn the Notch knob until it goes away. It's that easy!
Features:- Acoustic-electric guitar preamp with advanced BOSS sound processing
- Sophisticated under-the-hood processing with multiple interlocked parameters, accessible with simple stompbox controls
- Acoustic Resonance reproduces the complex resonance characteristics of an unplugged acoustic
- Ambience knob provides wide-ranging, studio-quality reverb optimized for acoustic guitar
- Notch filter for instant feedback reduction
- Normal output for an acoustic guitar amp and balanced DI output for direct PA connection
- Sound mute function for switching guitars and tuning on stage
- BOSS five-year warranty
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Boss products.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 10 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level:
- Output jack: -20 dBu
- Line Out jack: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance:
- Output jack: 1 k ohm
-Line Out jack: 600 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance:
- Output: 10 k ohms or greater
-Line Out jack: 600 ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Pedal switch
- Acoustic Resonance Knob
- Ambience Knob
- NOTCH knob
- Indicators: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- Input jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- Output jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- Line Out jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw: 55 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 3 hours * These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 450 g, 1 lb
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700