The Avalon VT-747SP combines a creative Stereo tube-discrete Class A spectral-opto-compressor with a musical six band program equalizer, L-R output level and gain reduction metering and internal regulated power supplies in a 2U space. Ideal for high performance DAW input signal conditioning, stereo buss compression-EQ, stereo keyboards and analog mastering applications.
- Stereo Class A opto-compressor with spectral control
- Stereo Class A 6- band discrete passive program EQ
- TSP twin signal path, vacuum tube bypass
- Low noise -92dB
- Fully balanced Class A input and DC coupled outputs
- Stereo dynamic 60dB high resolution output meters
- High quality analog VU meter for gain reduction
- High headroom+36dB input before overload
- Spectral side-chain monitor for pre listen
- EQ pre-post selection for opto-compressor
- Sealed silver relays for all signal routing
- Internal discrete regulated power supplies
- Military spec vacuum tubes for long life and low noise
The opto-compressor features a minimum signal path design utilizing sealed silver relays for all signal routing and by pass functions. The optical attenuator acts as a passive level controller with a Class A, variable gain make-up amplifier. Full dynamic control from soft compression to hard-knee limiting can be achieved with master threshold, ratio-compression, attack and release controls. Gain reduction indication is a large analog VU meter. Low frequency and high frequency contour…
parametric spectral controls can be routed into the side-chain path for enhanced frequency dependent compression with variable frequency and threshold levels. SC listen provides side-chain listen mode for monitoring.
6-Band Program EqualizerThe VT-747SP equalizer utilizes 100% discrete, Class A high-voltage transistors for optimum sonic performance. The 6-band stereo program EQ incorporates the smooth characteristics of an all passive design. The frequency turnover, Q and amplitude ranges have been carefully chosen for each band to provide the most natural harmonic balance and lowest phase change while offering simple and effective tone control. The EQ can be placed pre or post the opto-compressor for enhanced effects.
TSP - Twin Signal PathThe VT-747SP features TSP which gives you the choice of either tube tone or the classic, Class A discrete transistor sound by exchanging, three (3) high-voltage dual triode tubes with discrete amplifiers in the opto-compressor and primary output stages.
Input-Output and MeteringFully balanced DC coupled, Class A discrete amplifiers are utilized for the input and output drive interface with+36dB input headroom. A high quality analog VU meter indicates accurate gain reduction. Twin 60dB range LED meters provide fast L-R output status of all levels.