The AT2020 USB Plus Mic: Audio-Technica Quality For Your Desktop
Plug the Audio-Technica AT2020 USB Plus condenser microphone directly into your computer, and capture your performance with Audio-Technica quality. With this USB mic, there's no need for a separate preamp or audio interface -- the microphone records directly to your recording software at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz resolution. A built-in 1/8" headphone jack lets you monitor your performance, with a Mix knob to blend the signal of the microphone with pre-recorded audio in your headphones. With a cardioid pickup pattern and 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response, this USB condenser mic is a great choice for narrating YouTube videos, recording podcasts, or capturing quick demos of your music.
The USB Version of the AT2020 Condenser
Based on Audio-Technica's hugely popular AT2020 XLR microphone, this USB version has the same outstanding build quality, high SPL handling, and unique low-mass diaphragm as the original, with the addition of a USB output for connecting directly to your computer -- no audio interface or preamp required. With its built-in analog-to-digital conversion, this mic delivers 44.1 or 48 kHz 16-bit audio directly to your recording software. There's a headphone jack directly on the front of the mic, with a Mix knob so you can monitor your performance blended with playback from your recording software.
Extended Frequency Response and High SPL Handling
Audio-Technica's original AT2020USB microphone had a more limited frequency response, but this "Plus" version extends the highs to 20 kHz, allowing you to capture more detail and accuracy from vocals and instruments. And with a maximum sound pressure level rating of 144 dB SPL, the AT2020 USB is a solid choice for tracking loud sources, like drums or guitar amps.
Record Vocals, Guitars, Drums and More
What makes the AT2020 USB microphone such a solid choice for home recording? Flexibility is key. Audio-Technica's innovative back-electret capsule design means an exceptionally thin, responsive diaphragm that's great at capturing the fast transients of acoustic guitars or cymbals. Of course, as a cardioid large-diaphragm condenser, the AT2020 USB wouldn't be the home-studio hit that it is without the ability to deliver detailed vocals. Factor in the USB output, and this mic's flexibility makes it a serious value.
- Side-address style large-diaphragm condenser microphone with USB output
- Cardioid pickup pattern -- ideal for voice recording
- Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Super-sturdy construction
- Excellent introduction to Audio-Technica quality
- Tripod desk stand, pivoting stand mount, USB cable, and storage pouch included
- Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, and Mac OS X
- Internal headphone amplifier with 1/8" stereo headphone output and Mix control so you can blend your mic's signal with pre-recorded audio
Designed for the growing professional with big dreams but a tight budget, the AT2020 USB Plus combines the best qualities of the original AT2020, including the low-mass diaphragm that delivers extended frequency response and superior transient response, with the convenience of a direct USB link to your PC or Mac. Plug in the Audio-Technica AT2020USB Plus microphone and start recording!
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Audio-Technica products.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Power Requirements: USB Power (5V DC)
- Bit Depth: 16 bit
- Sample Rate: 44.1/48 kHz
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Black, Pack with ATH-M20x Headphones and Desktop Boom Arm
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):