Antelope Discrete 8 with Mic Bundle
This Antelope Audio bundle includes the Discrete 8 audio interface, one Edge large-diaphragm condenser modeling microphone, 6 Verge small-diaphragm condenser modeling microphones, and Antelope's Mic Emulations Bundle and Premium FX Pack.
The Discrete 8 Microphone Preamp Interface
Antelope Audio's Discrete 8 Microphone Preamp Interface brings a new level of sound quality and power to home studios and mobile recordists. It comes with 8 console grade 6-transistor discrete preamps, 121 db dynamic range conversion, and rock solid clocking. Discrete 8 features all of the Antelope Audio premier real-time FPGA FX, including authentic models of iconic gear from BAE, Lang, Gyraf Audio and many more.
Get an overview of the Discrete 8 interface's impressive features:
The Antelope AFX platform is based on a rapidly expanding hardware modeling engine. Discrete 8 includes Accusonic microphone and preamp models, guitar amps, transformer and tube FX, and a huge selection of classic vintage gear. Mic & preamp emulations are also available in native plug-in format (VST, AU, AAX) for Windows and Mac.
Antelope FPGA FX included with the Discrete 8 interface:Guitar Amps:
Burnsphere (DE), Marcus II (US), Overange 120 (UK), Tweed Deluxe, Top30, Darkface, Modern, Plexi 59, Rock 75, Rock 22.10
Darkface 65 2x12, Top30 2x12, Modern 4x12, Green 2x12, Vintage 4x12, Green 4x12, Caliper 50 1x10, Bluelux 1x12, Clst 1x12, England 4x12
VEQ-55b, VEQ-STU 089, VEQ-STU 169, VEQ-STU 900, VEQ HA32C, BAE 1023, BAE 1084, NEU-W492, NEU-W495, NEU-PEV, VEQ-4K Black, VEQ-4K Brown, VEQ-4K Pink, VEQ-4K Orange, BAE-1073, VEQ-HLF, VEQ-1A, VMEQ-5, VEQ-55A, Lang PEQ2, UK-69, ClearQ (coming soon)
X903, VCA160, Gyraf Gyratec X, Tube176, Grove Hill Liverpool, FET-A76, FET-A78, ALT-436C, BA-6A, SMT-100A, Stay-Levin, TubeChild670, Power Gate, Power EX (coming soon), Feedforward (coming soon)
Antelope Modeling Microphones: Edge and Verge
Edge and Verge are modeling microphones by Antelope Audio, suited for the manufacturer's real-time mic preamp modeling. This bundle includes one Edge large-diaphragm modeling mic, and 6 Verge small-diaphragm modeling mics. Combined with the already highly acclaimed Antelope Audio FPGA Vintage Compressors & EQs, these modeling microphones will comprise a true cutting-edge front end that will usher in a new era for modern recording.
Get a closer look at the Edge microphone in this video from Antelope Audio:
Edge features dual edge-terminated capsules for a smooth/natural sound reproducing the expressiveness and character of expensive classic microphones. Antelope founder Igor Levin designed groundbreaking fully discrete electronics. Hand-selected capsules were chosen and encased in a carefully crafted enclosure with contours and shape for optimal sonic performance. Edge is an exquisite large diaphragm microphone with excellent transient response and capable of multiple polar patterns.
Verge is a small-diaphragm modeling microphone suited for both nuanced accuracy and high SPL recording. Also exhibiting excellent performance on its own, it can take on the character and personality of the world's best small diaphragm condensers and electrets.
Get a closer look at the Verge microphone in this video from Antelope Audio:
Plug the Edge and Verge microphones into the Discrete 8 interface, and Antelope's FPGA Accusonic 3D modeling engine will transform your modeling mics into vintage replicas giving you complete control over proximity effect and off-axis response, and even allowing you to change polar patterns during or after recording. Choose from a collection of classic and expensive microphones and track the results as you monitor live, bringing out a musician's best possible performance. Record the dry signal and apply mic emulations later, experimenting freely and creatively.
Vintage Mic Emulations Included With This Bundle:Vintage Mic Emulations for Edge Microphone:
Berlin 47, Berlin 87, Berlin 67, Tokyo 800T. Coming soon: Berlin M103, Berlin 57, Vienna 12, Oxford 4038, Sacramento 121R, Vienna 414, Berlin 49T.
Vintage Mic Emulations for Verge Microphone:
Berlin 184, Perth 55, Freiburg 6, Aalborg 4006, Hamburg 40
Premium FX Pack
The Premium FX pack that comes with this bundle allows you to employ the full studio power of the Antelope Audio real-time FPGA FX. The collection features authentic models of iconic studio units from BAE, Gyraf Audio, LANG and FET.
The Discrete 8 Premium FX pack allows you to use 8 channel strips with 4 FX instances each and up to 16 channel strips using the AFX2DAW plug-in. The Premium FX library features 50+ Antelope Audio real-time FPGA FX, including Vintage EQs, Compressors, AuraVerb, Guitar Amps & Cabinet models.
Mic & preamp emulations are also available in native plug-in format (VST, AU, AAX) for Windows and Mac. They are authorized with an iLok version 2 or 3 USB dongle (sold separately). If you don't have an iLok code, contact Antelope Audio technical support.
The Discrete 8 Premium FX pack will be distributed on a license basis through activation code. The code for Premium activation should be printed and included it in the packaging of the purchased device or sent via e-mail by your preferred Dealer. Please be aware that after being activated once the code can't be de-activated and activated on another Discrete device.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Antelope Audio products.
Edge Modeling Microphone:
- Diaphragm: Condenser -- Double sided with 10 microns gold-sputtered membranes
- Dual edge-terminated capsules for a smooth and natural sound
- Omnidirectional (available when used with Antelope Audio Mic Emulations)
- Figure-8 (available when used with Antelope Audio Mic Emulations)
- Freq. response: 20 Hz ~ 20 KHz
- Sensitivity: -36dB (-1 to +3 dB)
- THD+N: -116dB
- Power Requirements: 48V DC Phantom Power
- Shock mount included
Verge Modeling Microphone:
- Diaphragm: Condenser (back electret type) -- Suited for both nuanced accuracy and high SPL recording
- Freq. response: 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: -40dB (+/-3dB)
- Max input SPL: 146 dB
- Power Requirements: 48V DC Phantom Power
Edge and Verge be transformed into vintage replicas via Antelope Audio Mic Emulations.
Discrete 8 Audio Interface:ANALOG- Analog Inputs:
- 6 x Mic / Line Inputs
- 2 x Mic / Line / Hi-Z Inputs- Analog Outputs:
- 1 x Monitor Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks, +20 dBu max
- 1 x ReAmp Out on TRS 1/4 Jacks
- 1 x Line Outs on DB25, +20 dBu max
- 2 x Stereo Headphone Outputs- Mic Preamp:
- EIN: -128 dBu (A-weighted)
- Dynamic Range: -121 dB (A-weighted)
- THD: -106 dB
- Max input: +18 dBu
- Gain Range: 65 dB- D/A Monitor Converter:
- Dynamic Range: 124 dB
- THD + N: -101 dB- A/D Converter:
- Dynamic Range: 121 dB
- THD + N: -112 dB- D/A Converters(Line Out):
- Dynamic Range: 121dB
- THD + N: - 100dBDIGITAL:- Digital Inputs:
- 2 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
- 1 x S/PDIF- Digital Outputs:
- 2 x ADAT (up to 16CH)
- 1 x S/PDIF- USB I/O:
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed;
- Data stream up to 480 Mbits/192kHz, 24 channels I/O, Type B
- Thunderbolt I/O
- 1 x Thunderbolt, 32 channels I/OCLOCKING:- Word Clock Input:
- 1 x Input @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 - 192kHz- Word Clock Outputs:
- 3 x Outputs @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 - 192kHz- Clocking System:
- 4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking
- 64-bit DDS- Sample Rates (kHz):
- 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192OTHER:- Operating Temperature:
- 0-50*C, 32-122*F- Weight (Approx):
- 3.0 kg/ 6.61 lbs- Dimensions (Approx):
- Width: 483 mm / 19"
- Height: 44 mm / 1.7"
- Depth: 220 mm /8.6"- Power Consumption:
- 20 Watts
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):