Adam Audio A5X-Sub8 Monitor Bundle
The Adam A5X-Sub8 studio monitor bundle includes a pair of Adam A5X powered studio monitors, plus the matching Adam Sub8 powered studio subwoofer. Save money with this package -- and get a more accurate picture of your mixes.
The original X-ART folded ribbon tweeter is handmade in Berlin to the exacting standards and precision for which German engineering is known. The A5X/Sub8 bundle combines this precision in the mids and highs with the Sub8's mid-field SPL, bass extension and EMOTION.
It's about lower bass, not louder bass. Learn how a subwoofer helps you make better mixes:
Adam Audio A5X
The small A5 managed to make itself a big name in both professional environments as well as in computer or desktop applications.
Like all other models of the AX-Series the A5X features the proprietary X-ART tweeter. A 5.5-inch Midwoofer reproduces the frequencies below 2.5kHz. The diaphragm is made from Carbon fiber/Rohacell/Glass fiber, which is the same composite structure shared in the next two bigger models. With minimum weight and maximum rigidity, this material prevents break up resonances, resulting in an outstanding dynamic behavior and impeccable sound characteristics.
A very handy and exclusive feature found in the two smaller AX monitors is the Stereolink. This is accomplished by a pair of additional RCA connections that allow for a bypass of the second stereo channel to the other speaker.
This technology connects two A5X speakers and allows the user to control the overall stereo volume of the system from either speaker's gain control. This makes the A5X a natural for "mixer-less" desktop applications where overall system volume needs to be adjusted easily.
Adam Audio Sub8
The Sub8 houses an excellent 8-inch woofer with a large 50mm voicecoil, and is driven by a 160W ICE Power amp. This amp stays cool while handling maximum power levels even if they are sustained.
The front baffle features two motorized knobs that let you tailor input level and crossover frequency settings for the best performance in your studio. These knobs can be controlled with an included wireless remote, allowing you to optimize your sound reproduction from your ideal listening position.
Note: Shown with IsoAcoustics speaker stands, sold separately.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Adam Audio products.
- Number: 1
- Basket O: 5.5" (145 mm)
- Voice coil O: 1.5" (32 mm)
- Cone material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass FiberTweeter
- Number: 1
- Type: X-ART
- Diaphragm area: 4 inch (2420 mm)
- Equiv. Diaphragm O: 2" (56 mm)
- Velocity transform ratio: 4:1
- Diaphragm weight: 0.17 gBuilt-in Amplifiers
- Mid-Woofer: 1
- Type: PWM
- Amp. power RMS / music: 50 W / 75 W
- Tweeter: 1
- Type: A/B
- Amp. power RMS / music: 50 W / 75 WControl panel
- Input Sensitivity: -()() to +14 dB
- High shelve > 5 kHz: +/-6 dB
- Low shelve < 300 Hz: +/-6 dB
- Tweeter gain: +/-4 dBInput connectors
- Analog: XLR / RCAGeneral data
- Frequency response: 50 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz: <=0.6 %
- Long term output: >=102 dB
- Max. peak: >=110 dB
- Crossover frequencies: 2500 Hz
- Input impedance: 30 K Ohm
- Weight: 14.6 lb (6,6 kg)
- Magnetically shielded: No
- Height x Width x Depth: 11" (280 mm) x 6.5" (170 mm) x 8.5" (220 mm)
- Warranty: 5 Years
Woofer: 215 mm (8 in.), coated paper
Frequency response: (+/- 3dB) 28 Hz - 150 Hz
Crossover frequencies: 50 - 150 Hz
Variable Input Gain (telecommander): -40 - +12dB
Power: (RMS / Music) 160 W /240 W
Inputs: Balanced XLR
Dimensions (H x W x D): 260 x 410 x 380 mm (10.2 x 16.1 x 14.9 in.)
Weight: 12 kg (26.4 lb.)
Warranty: 2 years
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers