Adam Audio A3X-Sub7 Bundle
Adam Audio is a global leader in accurate monitoring for mixing. In studios large and small, mixing is only part of the story. While tracking and auditioning performances, the emotion created by extended bottom end AND huge SPL can make the difference between loving the take or beating it to death. The A3X/Sub7 bundle brings emotion to desktop monitoring now at a $200 discount.
Do you need a subwoofer? Learn the basics before you buy with this video:
See how to calibrate your studio subwoofer with this video from Adam:
Adam Audio A3X
With the A3X, ADAM Audio present their smallest monitor to date, making it perfectly suited for all environments where space is limited but sound shouldn't be constricted. The A3X combines a tiny footprint with the much acclaimed ADAM sound quality by using the X-ART tweeter for the higher frequencies, a guarantee for crystal clear music reproduction.
A 4.5" (basket) driver handles the lower registers. The diaphragm is made from carbon fiber, a material that is very light but very stiff and therefore capable of delivering coloring-free sound. Two built-in 25 Watt amplifiers powers each of the drivers directly.
A very handy and exclusive technology found in the two smaller AX monitors is the Stereolink. This is accomplished by a pair of additional RCA connections that allow for a bypass of the second stereo channel to the other speaker.
This technology connects two A3X speakers in such a manner as to allow the user the option to control the overall stereo volume of the system from either speaker's gain control. This makes the A3X a natural for "mixer-less" desktop applications where overall system volume needs to be adjusted easily.
Controls and Connectors
The front of the A3X sports dual ports for surprisingly low frequency response down to 60Hz. The front panel also has power and gain controls. The rear panel includes a tweeter gain control as well as balanced (XLR) jacks and unbalanced (RCA) jacks, allowing for greater connection flexibility.
Adam Audio Sub7
The Sub7 has been designed to complement the A5 and A7 monitors of the A-Series. Its small footprint allows for an easy placement even in small environments. The front panel features two motorized potentiometers that let you adapt the input level and crossover frequency settings for the best performance.
A 0 degree/180 degree phase switch and a switchable 85 Hz highpass filter allow to find the best setting for an optimum in sound and performance. The low cut off frequency of 31 Hz (-3 dB point) enables this subwoofer to reproduce register of even this range in a highly authentic manner.
Note: Shown with Iso-Acoustic speaker stands, sold separately.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Adam Audio products.
- Number: 1
- Basket O: 4.5" (120 mm)
- Voice coil O: 1" (25 mm)
- Cone material: Carbon FiberTweeter:
- Number: 1
- Type: X-ART
- Diaphragm area: 4 inch (2420 mm)
- Equiv. Diaphragm O: 2" (56 mm)
- Velocity transform ratio: 4:1
- Diaphragm weight: 0.17 gBuilt-in Amplifiers:
- Mid-Woofer: 1
- Type: A/B
- Amp. power RMS / music: 25 W / 40 W
- Tweeter: 1
- Type: A/B
- Amp. power RMS / music: 25 W / 40 WControl panel:
- Input Sensitivity: -()() to +14 dB
- Tweeter gain: +/-4 dBInput connectors:
- Analog: XLR / RCAGeneral data:
- Frequency response: 60 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz: <=0.8 %
- Long term output: >=98 dB
- Max. peak: >=106 dB
- Crossover frequencies: 2800 Hz
- Input impedance: 10 K Ohm
- Weight: 10.1 lb (4,6 kg)
- Magnetically shielded: No
- Height x Width x Depth: 10" (252 mm) x 6" (150 mm) x 7.5" (185 mm)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Woofer: 180mm (7"), coated paper
- Frequency response: (+/- 3dB) 31 Hz - 150 Hz
- Crossover frequencies: 50 - 150 Hz
- Power: (RMS / Music) 140 W / 210 W
- Inputs: XLR / RCA
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 371 x 200 x 280 mm (14.6 x 7.8 x 11")
- Weight: 12 kg (26.4 lb.)
- Warranty: 5 years
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers