Audient ASP800 Microphone Preamplifier
The Audient ASP800 is an audio powerhouse designed to transform your sessions into world class recordings, making it the perfect addition to your audio interface. ASP800 provides 8 channels of Audient's renowned console mic preamps, class-leading Burr-Brown converter technology, two JFET DI's and two Retro channels with revolutionary tone control. Just plug in your mics, guitars, keyboards and drum machines and you're ready to go, so get creative and start thinking big!
Upgrade your sound. The professional sound you deserve.
Whether you're recording drums or simply need more channels, ASP800 is the perfect tool for expanding your existing interface via ADAT. Its flexible and intuitive feature set will transform your current setup into the complete recording rig, perfectly at home recording both acoustic and electronic instruments.
World Class Mic Pres. The professional sound you deserve.
Audient is the only company that uses the same Class-A mic pre design throughout their entire product range, whether you're in the studio with an Audient ASP8024 console or on the road with ASP800, you're always guaranteed the same world class Audient sound. Developed by design legend David Dearden and optimized over 18 years, thei rmic pre is used by thousands of professional studios around the world. With its versatile nature and smooth tone, the ASP800 will quickly become your 'go to' mic pre.
The Retro Channels. Take Control of your audio.
Audient is known for super clean mic pres but that doesn't mean they don't understand the importance of adding color. Whether you need to add growl to a bass guitar or make those vocals sparkle, ASP800's revolutionary harmonic generation circuitry has got you covered.
Color Your Sound with HMX and Iron Controls
Retro Channels 1 & 2 feature two unique variable harmonic COLOR controls per channel - HMX & IRON. Designed to emulate tones often associated with 1960s tube designs and the coveted transformer zing of British audio in the 1970s, HMX & Iron will add a dimension to your audio by providing warm, sparkly tones. Better still, you can combine them to get anywhere in between!
HMX: Tube-Style Harmonic Distortion When You Want It
Plenty of engineers love the sound of tubes/valves and if you're one of them, then you're going to love HMX. Travel back in time with ASP800's very own custom harmonic distortion control. Similar to vintage valve preamplifier designs of the 1960s, HMX provides a sweet, thick tone that will sound incredible on anything from drums to electric guitars. By using discrete MOSFET technology, HMX produces asymmetrical harmonic distortion giving you the option to add richness and body to the pristine tone of the Audient mic preamp, DI or line input. Take control of your sound and bring your audio to life, 1960s style.
IRON: Audient's British transformer saturator
A testament to innovation, IRON uses a custom British transformer with a high voltage MOSFET drive network designed to recreate that sparkly, "sounds like a record" signature of 1970s recording. With one control that simultaneously alters drive impedance, bass response, high frequency damping, phase shift, magnetic saturation and transient shaping -- IRON can instantly add sparkle, growl and so much more with one twist of a knob! It sounds killer on snare, bass, acoustic guitar and anything that needs some extra bite.
Pristine Converter Technology. Brilliance on the inside enables brilliance on the outside.
ASP800 provides you with high performance 118-dB AD converters from Burr Brown, the leaders in converter technology. Quality in the analog stages of design comes from years of experience as analog console designers, and when coupled with outstanding converter technology it enables you to hear audio as it's supposed to sound. The importance of converters should never be underestimated.
Experience audio the Audient way. Plug and Play. Plug in and be inspired.
As well as offering you 8 channels of mic pre, ASP800 has two harmonically rich JFET D.I inputs. Designed to replicate the input stage of a classic valve amplifier, you can plug your guitar, bass, keyboard or drum machine and start recording instantly.
Built to Last. Quality deserves protection.
The result of years of experience in analogue design combined with a focus on precision and detail, ASP800 packs a powerful feature set in an ergonomic 1RU rack mount. From its beautifully crafted hand milled aluminum knobs to its all-metal construction, ASP800 will stand up to countless late nights in the studio and days on the road.
- 8 x World Class Audient Console Mic Pres
- 2 x Retro Channels with Dual Stage COLOUR Saturation Controls - HMX & IRON
- 2 x Discrete JFET Instrument Inputs
- Pristine 118-dB Burr-Brown A-D Converters
- Balanced Analogue Line Outputs
- ADAT Output for Expandability
- Word Clock Input
- All-Metal Enclosure
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Audient products.
MICROPHONE PREAMPLIFIER: (measured to balanced DB25 analogue outputs)
- MIC GAIN: 0 to 70 dB (extra gain stage for more!)
- SWITCHABLE PAD: -15 dB (all channels front panel switchable)
- LINE GAIN: -10 to 60 dB (-25 to 45 dB inc. PAD)
- PHANTOM POWER: 48V +/-4V @ 10mA / channel
- MIC EIN: <-127.0 dBu
- CMRR: >80 dB @ 100Hz to 2kHz
- MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL: +20 dBu (+35 dBu with PAD)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE (Mic): >2k Ohm balanced (approx. 2.2k Ohm)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE (Line): >8k Ohm balanced (approx. 8.6k Ohm)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +/-0.5 dB 10Hz to 100kHz @ min. gain
- CROSSTALK: <-90 dBu 10Hz to 10kHz
- THD+N @ 0dBu (1kHz): <0.003% (-90.5 dBu) mostly 3rd harmonic
- SNR: >90 dB @ min. gain
- XLR COMBI FEMALE: Pin 2 (Hot), Pin 3 (Cold) & Pin 1 (Shield)
- 1/4" TRS JACK: Tip (Hot), Ring (Cold) & Sleeve (Shield)DISCRETE JFET D.I: (measured via microphone preamplifier circuitry)
- D.I GAIN: 0 dB unity gain (0 to 70 dB)
- MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL: +17 dBu
- INPUT IMPEDANCE (D.I): 1Meg Ohm unbalanced
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +/-0.5 dB 10Hz to 50kHz
- THD+N @ 0dBu (1kHz): <0.01% (-80 dBu) mostly 2nd & 3rd
- SNR: >85 dB @ min. gain
- 1/4" TS JACK: Tip (Hot) & Sleeve (Shield)A-D CONVERTER: (measured under AES-17 sans microphone preamplifiers):
- CHIPSET: Burr-Brown PCM4204 24-bit PCM
- DIGITAL REFERENCE LEVEL: Selectable via Rear Panel
- 0 dBFS = +18 dBu (iD22 Professional)
- 0 dBFS = +12 dBu (iD14 Prosumer)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +/-0.1 dB 20Hz to Fs/2 (Nyquist)
- CROSSTALK: <-110 dBFS @ 1kHz & <-90 dBFS @ 10kHz
- THD+N @ -1 dBFS (1kHz): 0.0015% (-96.5 dB)
- THD+N @ -6 dBFS (1kHz): 0.0009% (-101 dB)
- DYNAMIC RANGE:- 113.5 dB un-weighted
- 116.0 dB A-weighted
- PEAK LED LINEUP: -2 dBFS (moves with reference level)
- SIGNAL LED LINEUP: -38 dBFS (moves with reference level)DIGITAL OUTPUT:
- ADAT 8 CHANNEL SMUX: 44.1 to 96.0 kHz
- CLOCK: Internal Crystal or External Source
- WORDCLOCK INPUT: 75Ohm BNC - switchable 75Ohm termination
- WEIGHT: 4.5 kg
- DIMENSIONS: (1RU) 482 x 286.5 x 44mm
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):