Submitting a Valid Order
Submitting a valid order is important. Immediate Shipment only applies when the item is still in stock when we have sufficient information to verify your identity, and items only ship the same day when that happens by 2pm EST. Regardless of our desire to ship immediately, we cannot ship your product until we verify your identity - and until you get your product neither of us is happy.
What's my order status?
Click 'My Order' at the top right of your page to access information about your order. We also send you emails when there is an update on your order. If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of our customer service specialists by calling 800-996-8637.
How do we verify your identity?
In order to verify your identity, we may require the following information:
- Matching Billing Address. The billing address is the address where you receive your credit card statement. You must provide your billing address exactly as it is listed with the bank that issued your credit card. Additionally, your customer name must appear exactly as your issuing bank has it on record; this is also known as the Cardholder Name.
- Matching, Valid Phone Number. You must provide us with the number listed with your issuing bank. This must also be a working number where you can be reached during our business hours.
- Valid Credit Card. We accept Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and Discover. At this time, we accept all major credit cards but we must be able to verify the address. We currently ship to the 50 United States, Canada, U.S. Territories, and Puerto Rico (details). We must be able to verify your billing address and, if applicable, any alternate shipping address through our automated system or by calling the issuing bank. Any difficulties with verification may delay order processing. If for some reason we are unable to validate the shipping address, the order will not be shipped and the card will not be billed. For other Payment Methods
- Valid Email Address. This ensures that we can contact you effectively.
- Special Case: Debit Cards. Using a debit card (even with a Visa/Mastercard logo) may result in additional steps in verification. Although we will do our best to process your order quickly, using a debit card may delay the order slightly.
How do we verify the information you give us?
We take two steps to protect the security of your credit card and your identity. We verify your information to protect your identity by ensuring that you are the person using your card. When a zZounds Music customer places an order, we go to great lengths to make sure that we have the correct cardholder information.
How does our verification differ from other online retailers?
zZounds Music takes extra measures to ensure that your identity is protected and that using your credit card is safe. As a result, your experience with us may differ somewhat from your experience with other online retailers. The end result is that shopping at zZounds Music is safer than shopping at a store. There may be some extra steps in the process, but we're confident you will agree with us that these steps are a small price to pay to secure your identity.
How do you know if you have entered the billing address correctly?
Enter your billing information exactly as it appears on your credit card statement. This includes your name, billing address, and your phone number. Remember, incomplete or incorrect information may slow order processing and preclude Immediate Shipment.
How can you make sure that there isn't a delay from verifying your information when you need to have an order shipped to a location other than your billing address?
The best way to avoid delays in verifying your information is to call your credit company. When you call, let them know that you would like to list an authorized/alternate shipping address. If this is not a feature they offer, ask them to put it in the memo area of their computer system; this will suffice. This will expedite the verification process so your item can ship immediately.
Are there any minor legal details that we are required to state here in order to handle really unusual and extraordinary situations that probably don't apply to you?
zZounds Music reserves the right to refuse orders for any reason, including suspicion (not proof) of credit card fraud. Further, zZounds Music reserves the right to disclose information identified as likely to be fraudulent to credit-card companies, their investigators, and the proven cardholder. The Federal Trade Commission takes credit card fraud very seriously. We're confident you will appreciate these additional steps we take at our expense to ensure your identity and credit card remain secure and protected for your use and no one else's.
zZounds Music reserves the right to request additional information such as the number on the back of the credit card or a faxed copy of your state ID and credit card.