30 Day Return Policy
We guarantee your complete satisfaction for 30 days after your order is delivered.
Request Return Authorization
on an order or item you have received.
We allow you to return almost any product for any reason. When returning a product, you can request an identical replacement item, exchange the product for another product, or request a refund. When procedures are followed, there are no restocking fees. For Canadian and U.S. territories customers, please note that if you request an exchange we require the original item to be received and processed in our warehouse before shipping a replacement.
If the return results from the receipt of damaged or defective product, or from our mistake, we will pay the shipping charges - both to have your item sent back to us, and to send you a replacement item. Often we will issue a factory-fresh product in advance (pending an approval) to get you playing music as soon as possible. Because we're musicians too.
How do you return a product?
A return authorization number is required to return a product.
Please remember: you can return a product for any reason. Being honest about the reason will just help us process your exchange, replacement, or refund more quickly. We will respond to your request swiftly. You will receive a return authorization number, instructions for sending your product back, and an address for the return.
Request Return Authorization
on an order or item you have received.
Exceptions to Our Return Policy
Products that match the following categories can only be returned for replacement if they are defective or damaged in transit, or only for exchange or refund if they are still sealed (with zZounds Music shrinkwrap and barcode still affixed).
- Copyrighted materials cannot be returned once opened due to copyright law. This includes books, videotapes, DVDs, sample libraries, style disks, sound expansion boards, and software (which may also include software bundled with hardware).
- Blank media cannot be returned once opened due to the possibility they have been used. This includes cassettes, open reel tape, ADAT, DAT, CD, DVD, MiniDisc, removable memory cards, and hard drives.
- Disposable products cannot be returned once opened. This includes cleaning supplies, care products, and rosin.
- Personal use items that are used in your mouth or in your ear cannot be returned once opened due to health laws. This includes guitar talk boxes, ear plugs, and in-ear earphones.
- All instrument parts cannot be returned once opened due to the possibility that they have been used. This includes all guitar, amplifier, and turntable parts.
- All clothing cannot be returned once opened. This includes shirts, hats, and gloves.
- Certain items must be exchanged directly through the manufacturer if they are found to be defective. This includes tubes, strings, pickups, raw frame speakers, drum heads, drumsticks, cymbals, cowbells, and harmonicas. These items can only be returned to us if they are unopened.
- Due to sterilization and repackaging costs, all band instruments will incur an automatic $10.00 restocking fee when returned. This includes flutes, clarinets, saxophones, trumpets, and trombones.
- Gift certificates cannot be returned.
- Rain Computers products cannot be returned once opened. If a product is found to be defective, the manufacturer will be able to resolve the issue under warranty. Please contact us for the most recent contact information if you have any problems.
- Apple products cannot be returned once the manufacturer's seal has been broken. Any defective merchandise must be dealt with directly through Apple. If a product is found to be defective, you must contact Apple customer support at 800-275-2273 for service.
- Avid products that include Pro Tools software cannot be returned once the manufacturer's seal has been broken. If a product is found to be defective, you must contact Avid customer support at 650-731-6100 to obtain a case number. If Avid determines that the product is defective, contact our returns department.
- Native Instruments products cannot be returned once the manufacturer's seal has been broken. Any defective merchandise must be dealt with directly through Native Instruments. If a product is found to be defective, you must contact Native Instruments customer support at 866-556-6487 for service.
Analog and digital recording gear (e.g. ADATS, hard-disk recorders, etc) or CD duplicators that shows wear or significant usage time may be refused or result in a restocking fee.
Our return policy is very generous, but these exceptions are necessary; please consider them in making your purchase. If there are any questions as to whether an item is included in the list of exceptions before you buy, please contact us.
Who pays original and return shipping?
If the return is needed as a result of damage, defect, or our mistake, we pay the shipping charges - both to have your item sent back to us, and to send you a replacement item. Often we issue a factory-fresh product in advance (pending an approval) to get you playing music fast! Because we're musicians too. These exceptions are at the sole discretion of zZounds Music and its returns department.
If you return a product for any reason in exchange for a different product, we pay the shipping charges on the product we ship to you in exchange for the product you return, but you are responsible for the return shipping on the product you send back, and we do not credit any original shipping charges toward the exchange.
In the case of an outright return for refund, we refund the full purchase price of the product, but you are responsible for return shipping on the product you are returning and we do not credit the original shipping charges toward the exchange.
For details on how we handle returns for items purchased with the Play As You Play Installment Payment Plan, please see the Terms and Conditions
- Please mark the reason for export as "Return" when sending us a product.
- If you would like a refund of your original customs fees, please contact your local Customs & Revenue/CBSA Casual Refund Centre office.
- Complete the CBSA form B2G (Informal Adjustment Request)
- Provide proof of customs fees paid
- Provide proof that the order was returned to zZounds
- You will be issued a refund by the Canada Customs & Revenue/CBSA Casual Refund Centre
When do we charge restocking fees?
Rarely. We can only accept items that are returned without signs of wear and tear and with all of the original contents and packaging. Wear and tear refers to any damage that was not present when the merchandise was received - rack mounting damage, scratches, dents, etc. Contents consists of any included parts and accessories, as well as the warranty card and manual without user's notes or markings. Packaging includes all inner and outer packaging, complete with the original barcode affixed.
Items not returned in the condition described here may be subject to restocking fees (minimum 15% of the purchase price, as determined by our cost of replacing the missing items including a processing fee for this labor-intensive process) or refusal of the return. Larger items (from manufacturers such as Auralex) and items that we ship directly from our vendors can be subject to a minimum 30% restocking fee. This fee may apply if you refuse delivery or as a result of delivery exceptions, as well as from a typical return.
These conditions apply to all returns regardless of the reason for the return. A restocking fee will be charged for any defective item that is returned in damaged condition.
How long does it take to receive a refund?
Once the warehouse receives the returned merchandise, a refund is typically processed within 2-4 business days (Monday through Friday). Processing time may vary depending on daily return volume. Processing time may be greater during January, due to holiday season returns. When your return has been processed, we will send a confirmation to the email address on file with your original order. For Canadian and U.S. territories customers, please note that the exchange rate at the time of your order may vary from the date of refund. This could result in a higher or lower refund amount than you were originally charged.