When you call, mention priority code 140T-0V3C

Rating and Reviews: Akai MPC4000 Plus

24-Bit/96kHz sampler. 300,000 Note Sequencer. All versions include IB4D S/PDIF 2-Channel Digital I/O and an 80GB hard drive.

"NO LIMIT TO YOUR CREATION" submitted December 12, 2004

Musical Background: Producer, Active Musician
Music Style: Hip-Hop and R&B
Sound: The drums are just inspirational. there are great sounding strings to go along with that, but some of the brass sounds could use a little work. The piano sound so beautiful!! Feature: The features are great. I can play a senquence while sampling my guitar so i can get a more accurate recording. Most Samplers limits samples to only 10 seconds, but you can change the sampling time to what you want it to be. Quality: There are so many tricks that can be used in a sequence let alone a song. It is very reliable, I never have to worry about losing data. Of course this product is not appropriate for the road. It was made for a studio. Traveling with it, for the most part, should not even be an issue. Mixing your work is so easy. The finish product will make you very proud. Value: This product is worth every cent. Manufacturer Support: I never had to deal with the company. The Wow Factor: Once I saw this product, I feel in love with it. It looks so much better than the other products on the market. The best thing about it's beauty is that it has power that comes along with it. This product can shape your music exactly the way you want it. Overall: This product will be my best friend for more than years to come. There is no limit to what a person can do with this product. Whatever you want to do with your music, the MPC 4000 will not restrain you in your creation. It make sure that you are satified!!

"The Greatest Sampler Ever Made." submitted June 2, 2006

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Various
Sound: Crisp and clean, The 4000 also ships with a ton of preloaded sounds that can be used off the bat to get the creative juices flowing. At 24bit and 96kHz it's pristine. For all of the Lo-Fi heads it can also do an amazing job of degrading sound, much like the older MPC's 60 and 3000 and even the Emu-SP-1200 machines of the old days. In the end what you put in is what you get out. Feature: The legendary MPC timing swing unrivaled. The Q-Link feature just proves how great sample control and manipulation can be acheived with this MPC. The option to expand the units memory is a great addition. Realtime control of filtering and a total of 192 filters and 26 filter types makes this a standout product. The effects are also pretty good too! Ease of Use: There is a bit of a learning curve compared to the other MPC's but if you invest some time you will be able to really do things to sound that in the past could not be thought possible. What's great is that everything is laid out right in front of you on the front panel. The sequencer is brilliant. Quality: It's the Panzer Tank of sampling workstations. High quality great feeling pads. large LCD display with variable contrast adjustment. Solid metal front panel with a very sleek an colorful body, and the Q-Link knobs make it stand out amaong the rest. Value: Essential Manufacturer Support: Akai has recently undergone new acquisition, so all tech support questions are being handled by Alesis/Numark which is a lot better than what it was two to three years ago. The Wow Factor: Better yet I own it! Overall: Read the item description to get an even better understanding of what this machine can really do in terms of sampling and sequencing.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"the besat drum sampler on the market" submitted September 23, 2004

Music Style: all ,rock jazz hip-hop,blues.gospel.....i'm a producer
Sound: this baby rocks, most buy it and not familar with it's capabilties and then re-treat to whatever they were using prior and try to sell it. But if you are familar with mpc'c from prior,this one is far more advanced and the future of tommorrows music. this is the best sampler/drum machine and music production tool by far out there. Feature: very easy, my grand ma can do it. Quality: very good qualilty Value: well worth investment Manufacturer Support: Sean at akaipro.com is the best ,answered all my questions through e-mail quickly.

"The 4000 Plus Rules" submitted July 27, 2005

Overall
Sound: Nice sound. very crisp and neutral. the sound of this beast is un coloured. what you put in is what you get out. The filters are nice, but not analog, but are nice creative tools for basic sound shaping. Feature: Its a Workhorse. You can pretty much do anything on this, from draft work to extremely tight productions. The 960 ppqn is the business. Quality: Pure Quality. The MPC 4000 is built like a tank, and weighs like one too. Value: Well, if you have patience with hardware, and you have the slightest talent, than this machine is great for the money. It is a premium for just beats though. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it. The Wow Factor: Its now blue, so looks even better to my eyes. the 80 gb hd is cool to. with 272mb ram, you get around half an hour of sampling time, which is sweet. The unit works like a dream with OS 1.71. Overall: I own the mpc 3000le, 2000xl and now this. I am soon going to sell my 3000 le. its just to classic for me. it messes with my creative flow. the screen is too dark, and i cannot stand the slow and sluggish playback of the sequencer. My 2000xl is better than my 3k...and that is how i feel after using the my 3k le for 4 years now. The mpc 4k is much quicker to work with, and the sequencer is a million time tighter, and its sounds much more dynamic than my 2k and 3k.

"Just to help." submitted February 6, 2005

Music Style: Hip-Hop
Sound: It's super crisp, and sounds beautiful. If you want that grittier type of sound, you can always get a filter. I use a boss sp303 with this machine and it sounds beautiful. Feature: A few of the advertised features are missing, but I really don't know how much it would improve my music making abilities. Basically, the streaming from HD feature is missing and I dont really need it. Quality: My mpc is so far in good condition, however I had purchased it used and the seller didn't package it well so the Main Volume pot broke off during shipping. Unless you're shipping it, or you drop it, you dont have to worry. Value: If there was one more price drop, the volume in sales would be increased for sure. I purchased one for relatively cheap and am happy with my item. Manufacturer Support: The support from the company is trying to reestablish itself as Numark just purchased Akai. The real support however comes from fellow MPC users and have become a real gem to me. The OS' are also still being updated and 1.70 seems great to me. The Wow Factor: It's mad sexy to me. It has this quality about it that makes me want to get working. Overall: If you're a certified beginner, a good 5 months will take you to at least grasp the features on this machine. For you seasoned vets, it's a tad different from the other mpc series machines but you should be able to easily solve your problems.

"The Story Never Ends. TO MPC OR NOT TO.... TO MV OR NOT" submitted January 30, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: I'm a AM RE SW PROD.
Music Style: From Bach to Rock
Sound: First let me tell the people who gave the 4G low marks have lost(I'm only guessing) their minds. Both machines (Roland MV 8800) are strong and weak in some areas. Then again it all depends on what the user wants. To give any of these machines low marks is insane. I could go into details but I won't except too say this. If you want an all in one do all machine the Roland. If you don't mind hooking up a computer and doing your editing there then it's the Akai. I need the adats out and don't feel like spending another $300 for it. Like I said the list could go on but I'll let you guys and girls battle it out. Like I said get the one that does it for you. Some guys like blondes some brunettes some like them tall some short.... you get the idea. Feature: Yes I wish it had the chop feature on board and you could burn a master on it. Ease of Use: Put it in get it done. Edit the sound like you want. (Except the chop) Quality: Never, did I say never? Yes I did. Never had a problem Value: Price could be better. Manufacturer Support: Pretty cool bunch. Just keeping it real The Wow Factor: It has a high tech, I'll kick your... take no prisoner look to it. I am working on getting it customize. Overall: At the moment I am satisfied and I am looking at the Roland MV8800 and have been for some time but I'm a rebel and I don't just jump on the band wagon because others do. I like different colors in my music and it's easier too add then it is to take out. Like getting married. So easy too do but hell to get out of.

"Don't Hesitate, The MPC4000 is great" submitted June 23, 2009

Musical Background: dj / producer for 20 years
Music Style: hip hop
Sound: Clean Akai sound. It sounds like whatever you put in it, a faithful reproduction. Feature: * because some advertised features were never implemented. Still a very Useable machine Ease of Use: pretty easy to fire up, and start using even without a manual. Quality: Very well constructed product. No like the newer plastic Numark MPC's Value: Worth the cost Manufacturer Support: never had to deal with akai. However Numark customer service is top notch. The Wow Factor: Best beat machine ever made Overall: Best beat machine ever made. Ak.sys is the best usb implementation of ay sampler ever.

"awesome" submitted December 16, 2003

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: hiphop R&B
Sound: this machine sounds great, what you put in, is what you get out, if you want it to sound like a mpc2k & 3k, use those same sounds in it, you can also change the sampling rate from 24 to 16bit and play with the filters to dirty sounds up if you wish, or leave it clean at 24 for instrument samples. This machine still hit hard like all other mpcs I use it for hiphop & R&B all the time don't be fooled by people who don't know how to use it or who haven't invested in quality sounds. Feature: The features on this thing is far superior to any other drum machine or sampler the filters are outstanding, I took a sample off a record and use the filters to take out the drums and it just left the key and strings on the sample wow!!!. There is also a feature where you can sample while the sequence is playing, you can use it like an audio track, sample yourself playing a couple bars of guitar and loop it in the sequence.many many more features also Quality: I bought mine used and I can honestly say I had no problems with it.It took me a while to get one because I listen to all the horror stories, but I haven't had any problem Value: good investment Manufacturer Support: didn't reeally use it enough to rate it

"My my my...looks like we have two Roland workers below" submitted November 7, 2007

Overall
Sound: MPC 4000's 24 Bit 96 Khz Vs Roland 16 Bit 44.1...Akai wins. Feature: MPC Swing cannot be beat. 960 PPQN vs Rolands crappy 480. Ease of Use: MPC is fun, MV is a nightmare. Quality: MPC 4000 is built like a tank, please ignore the two Roland terds below. Value: The best drum machine money can buy.............PERIOD. Manufacturer Support: Never use it. The Wow Factor: Looks 10 times better than the MV. Overall: Much much much better drum feel and timing...thats all i have to say.

"Beauty in the Beast!!!" submitted August 15, 2005

Overall
Sound: Fantastic sound for the cash. i love the sound of my snares on this thing. they come out crisp so i dont need to eq them. Feature: feature galore!!! Its a complete package with all the tools one could ask for. Quality: the build quality is solid and rugged. the unit is a touch of class. Value: its value for returns. if you know who u are and u can put some serious use into this beast, then its value all the way. otherwise its a premium. Manufacturer Support: what support. The Wow Factor: neat looking machine. the blue looks cool, and the funky yellow mpc 4000 logo looks cool too. Overall: da bestest mpc ever...ever...ever...period.

Akai MPC4000 Plus Customer Review submitted February 22, 2008

Overall
Sound: SInce everyone wants to compare this with the MV, I will say this one wins hands down. I've had 4 MV's. The MV is excellent at making your drums and bass sound gritty. However, if your after an overall clean sound, the MV degrades that sound. My advice would be to sample high before coming into the MV. The MPC sounds nice and the drum timing knocks. Feature: Alot of features. However, I believe the MV craps on the MPC in terms of features. the only downside with the MV is that it has waaay too many features for the average person to use. Most of them can be attained using software. Ease of Use: Not as easy as the MV IMO. Very steep learning curve and the ppl at Mpcforums are no where near as nice as the folks on MVnation. Quality: I never had problems. but check out the mpcforums site and see all the bugs and crashes ppl have experienced. Its scary. Value: The values of the MPC's are always up there. The Mv is reigning champ but MPC's held the title for about 20 years. Roland still has alot to prove... Manufacturer Support: I've yet to have to deal with them. The Wow Factor: you gotta love the MPC. Hate it or love it, it is what it is... Overall: here's my take based on my needs as a musician. I a hiphop producer who relies exclusively on samples. As a result, my main focus is to make sure those drums knock and are on point with the sample. Everything else is secondary. With the MPC, the timing is dead on, and even if the timing is off, it has a timing correct button. The mv has a tendency to drift midi notes out of tune...

"I gonna buy MV-8800 too..i think it's better" submitted November 7, 2007

Musical Background: Music Engineer,Recording Engineer
Music Style: Hiphop
Sound: Incredible...the only thing that MPC wins MV... Feature: That's truth...MV has much much more....Like auto zero-crossing,automation record,autoslice,faders for mastering... Ease of Use: It isn't so hard as it seems... Quality: NICE..realy NICE Value: To expensive for it's features...Obviously you pay so the 8 outputs card... The Wow Factor: I can say: It's attractive..but MV is more..with it's VGA output and faders... Overall: Nice..but the only MPC4000-features that wins MV's is the 24bit/96khz vs 16bit/44.1khz and the 80gb hard-drive vs 40gb..... i think so...

"If you want a killa' sampling workstation than the Roland MV8000/MV8800 is your all in one unit and the store that can't be beat" submitted May 24, 2007

By www.myspace.com/komposa
Musical Background: 31 years into it for life
Music Style: Unlimited
Sound: Its kool but the MV8000 Is way better Feature: Its got some tricks but so do the MV8000 and his big brotha' MV8800 Ease of Use: If you got knowledge of any MPC it the same thing with a twist on it Quality: Unlike the MV8000 / with the MPC4G what you put in you get out Value: To me personnally the Mv8000 is more bang for the buck checkit for yourself Www.myspace.com/daillsetkomposa 2 songs done with the MPC4000 and 2 songs done with MV8000 can you tell, I can! Manufacturer Support: Support team is kool walk ya' rite threw it The Wow Factor: The MV8000 Is the Foundation of all I do Check out all those of us who speak on it ,I still don't see any one speaking on the MPC4000 (4G for short) and it came out before the MV8000 Overall: If you wantta' get it done and get it done rite' Roland Mv8000/MV8800 is what you are looking for so why? Are wasting money and time messing around with something you will end up getting rid of anyway

"BEST MACHINE INVENTED BY MAN" submitted July 9, 2004

By XXX
Music Style: HIP HOP
Sound: EXCELLENT (DEPENDS ON THE USER AND WHAT U FEED IT) Feature: GREAT (MISSING A FEW OPTIONS) Quality: A BEAST (TOO HEAVY THOW) Value: ITS WORTH UR MONEY COS THE MUSIC ULL MAKE WITH IT IS PRICELESS Manufacturer Support: OS STILL IN BETA VERSIONS BUT VERSION 1.51 IS STABLE The Wow Factor: IT LOOKS LIKE ITS A TOY FROM THE FUTURE Overall: LOVE IT

"This can't compare to the Roland Mv8800" submitted August 22, 2007

Music Style: hip hop
Sound: it is what it is Ease of Use: if you're familiar with Mpc's, then it's no problem Quality: knobs still break easily Value: i've been a huge mpc fan until i used the Roland Mv8800. the 8800 is a "beast". It runs circles around any Mpc, plus the Mv8800 is the better bang for your buck!!! Before you buy a Mpc 4000, go compare it against a Mv8800.........that's all that needs to be said, I sold my mpc 4g, the next day Manufacturer Support: don't bother The Wow Factor: sold the thing as soon as I got the Mv8800 by Roland Overall: trust me....check out the roland mv 8800...I wish I did before I bought this thing

"Over rated." submitted January 14, 2008

Music Style: DNB
Sound: Sounds good. But remember that when you use 24/96, polyphony is limited to 32 notes... crap Feature: too old school for me; lacks audio phrases, real time time-stretch, vga..you know what I mean. Ease of Use: We are in 2008 now. Akai is part of the past. Value: over rated, over priced, over hyped... MV is the new standard for today serious producer. ;) Manufacturer Support: official support doesn't exist. And parallel sellers make good money selling parts. a shame Overall: too many glitchs and crashes, os unstable.

"DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE." submitted September 22, 2003

By a customer from mac.com
Music Style: diverse
Sound: It has a harsh sound that is good for percussion but not much else. Feature: Some of the advertised features are STILL un-available. Quality: Very heavy & not really gig-able. Buggy OS. Value: The price of this unit has dropped dramatically due to Akais failure to deliver promised features. Manufacturer Support: Non existent Overall: Already sold it.

When you call, mention priority code 140T-0V3C. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976