Taylor K16ce Grand Symphony Koa LimitedThis limited edition Taylor Grand Symphony pairs the honey-brown hues and rich figure of AA-grade koa with a cedar top. Darker cedar was chosen to match koa's color tones, and a shaded edgeburst around the entire guitar, including the mahogany neck, adds vintage character.
Tonally, cedar's midrange overtones embellish koa's natural midrange focus and nicely complement koa's upper register sparkle. Players will find the personality of this guitar in its thick and warm midrange voice. The Grand Symphony body brings an expressive dynamic range to the playing experience, responding well to a lighter touch, while also expanding the overall depth and tonal output.
An elegant appointment scheme features figured maple binding with a matching backstrip, and a fretboard inlay of golden boxwood Split Diamonds. Other details include an abalone rosette, abalone dot bridge pins, an all-gloss body, a Venetian cutaway, Gotoh Gold tuners, and Taylor's Expression System 2 pickup for a clear and rich amplified sound.
Features:- Shape: Grand Symphony - With a slightly larger footprint than the Grand Auditorium, the GS yields a slightly more potent and dynamic all-around sound. Players can expect deeper bass, thicker trebles, and increased volume and low-end sustain, all without disrupting the tonal balance and clarity of the guitar.
- Top Wood: Western Red Cedar- Cedar is less dense than spruce, and its relative softness adds warmth to a guitar's tone, especially for players with a softer touch, like fingerstylists or light to moderate strummers and pickers. Players with a strong attack are often better paired with spruce.
- Body Wood: Hawaiian Koa - A dense tropical hardwood, koa blends midrange focus with extra top-end brightness and chime. The more a koa guitar is played and opens up -- especially an all-koa guitar -- the more its midrange overtones add warmth and sweetness to its voice.
- Electronics: Expression System 2 - Taylor's breakthrough acoustic pickup marks a major advance in piezo technology thanks to a patented behind-the-saddle design. The unique placement of three piezo sensors captures a more dynamic range of acoustic sound and responds well in a variety of settings.
- Cutaway: Venetian - Standard on "ce" models in the 300 Series and up, the Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar. The Grand Concert, Grand Auditorium, and Grand Symphony have a steeper slope, while the Dreadnought is a bit flatter. Our Grand Concert nylon-string models also feature a subtle, flatter slope, while our 100 and 200 Series cutaway models incorporate our flattest slope.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Taylor Guitars products.
- Shape: Grand Symphony
- Number of Strings: 6
- Back/Side Wood: Hawaiian Koa
- Scale length: 25-1/2 inches
- Top Wood: Western Red Cedar
- Body Length: 20 inches
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Body Width: 16 1/4 inches
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Body Depth: 4 5/8 inches
- Nut and Saddle: Bone
- Neck Width: 1-3/4 inches
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Bracing: CV Bracing with Relief Rout
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Element
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Binding: Curly Maple
- Bridge Pins: Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Truss Rod Cover: Ebony
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Pickguard: Rosewood
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Frets: 20
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Buttons: Gold
- Edge Trim: None
- Fingerboard Binding: Curly Maple
- Heel Cap Binding: Curly Maple
- Heel length: 3-1/2 inches
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: Curly Maple
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Maple
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Rosette Material: Abalone
- Rosette Size: Single Ring 900 Series Bound
- Stain/Sunburst: Shaded Edgeburst
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-943-6782