A Striking Axe for the Alt-Rock GuitaristYour Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster electric guitar pays tribute to the alt-rock axe-man of Dinosaur Jr., J Mascis. This beauty boasts a pair of versatile Jazzmaster single-coil pickups, slide switchable lead/rhythm tone circuits, upper and lower volume and tone controls for both lead and rhythm circuits, 21 jumbo frets over a rosewood fingerboard, a comfortable C-shaped maple neck, a warm-sounding basswood body, a tasteful Gold anodized aluminum pickguard, and a secure and ready-to-rock Adjusto-Matic bridge with a Vintage Style "Floating" tremolo tailpiece. You get a serious dose of tonal versatility, sleek looks, and addicting playability all in a single electric guitar.
Jazzmaster Basswood BodyYou'll look and sound great on stage donning your Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster electric axe. The Jazzmaster body shape features a striking contour that's curvy and comfy. Basswood is a lightweight and soft tonewood that yields an evenly balanced resonance, neither too dark nor too bright. Darken or brighten your output at your leisure utilizing your tone controls.
C-Shaped Maple Neck with 21 FretsThe maple neck on your Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster electric guitar features 21 jumbo frets housed in an invitingly smooth rosewood fingerboard. Each frets achieves a comfortable action if your fingers are itching for a little speed, and maple will place a somewhat modest push in those higher frequencies without too much bite.
Pair of Jazzmaster Single-Coil PickupsProjecting the warmth and drive of your performance are a set of Jazzmaster Single-Coil pickups at the neck and bridge. If you're a fan J Mascis's tone, then this powerful pair will do your ears justice. Fill in your signal with gain to get some crunchy distortion, or generate some hot feedback by dialing in more overdrive. The electronics on this axe feature a lead and a rhythm circuit, so your rig is ready for any situation the stage might demand.
Troves of Tonal ControlAlong with your tone and volume controls, you also have a pickup selector switch for three pickup combination settings. There is also a two-position slide switch -- up for lead, and down for rhythm -- to utilize these independent circuits. You also have upper and lower volume and tone control circuits to shape your sound. Play around with all of your controls to hear the different types of tone this guitar can generate.
Features:- J Mascis' signature Squier Jazzmaster electric guitar
- Basswood body in Jazzmaster shape
- vintage white finish '60s headstock
- Maple neck in C shape
- 21 jumbo frets
- Silky smooth rosewood fingerboard
- Aged white dot fret position inlays
- Scale length of 25.5"
- Adjustable truss rod
- Two Jazzmaster single-coil pickups -- neck and bridge
- One volume control dial
- One tone control dial
- Three setting pickup selector switch
- Two position slide switch -- lead: up, rhythm: down
- Upper and lower volume and tone control circuits
- Vintage style tuning machines
- Sleek chrome hardware
- Gold anodized aluminum pickguard
- Adjusto-Matic bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" tremolo tailpiece
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Squier products.
- Model Name: J Mascis Jazzmaster
- Series: Artist ModelsBody
- Body: Basswood
- Body Shape: JazzmasterNeck
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Jumbo Frets
- Position Inlays: Aged White Dots
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Nut Width: 1.675" (42.5 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Headstock: Standard Jazzmaster Headstock
- Neck Plate: Chrome Squier Logo
- Truss Rods: Adjustable Truss Rod
- Truss Rod Nut: 5 mm HexElectronics
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Bridge Pickup: Jazzmaster Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: Jazzmaster Single-Coil Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, (Lead Circuit), 2-Position Slide: Up: Lead Tone Circuit, Down: Rhythm Tone Circuit
- Special Electronics: Upper and Lower Volume/Tone Control Circuits
- Controls: "Lead" Circuit: Volume, Tone. "Rhythm" Circuit: Volume, ToneHardware
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- String Nut: White PPS
- Switch Tip: Aged White Switch Tip
- Tremolo Arm/Handle: Chrome Handle, Aged White Cover
- Auxiliary Switching: Upper and Lower Volume/Tone Control CircuitsTools
- Truss Rod Wrench: Yes
- Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench: YesMiscellaneous
- Strings: NPS, .010-.046 Gauges
- Unique Features: J Mascis Signature on Back of Headstock, Large '60s-Style Jazzmaster Headstock, Gold and Black Squier Logo, Squier Engraved Neckplate, Aged White Plastic Parts and White Dot Position InlaysAccessories
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic and Black Knurled Knobs
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Vintage White
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Blemished, Vintage White
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 480-596-7195
Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster GuitarSquier honors alt-rock godfather and Dinosaur Jr. leader J Mascis with a striking Jazzmaster guitar model that delivers as much massive sound and performance as its namesake. The pickups, hardware and finish are all specified by Mascis himself for tremendous tone and value.
The Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster features a basswood body, C-shaped maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with 9.5 radius and 21 jumbo frets, two single-coil Jazzmaster pickups with three-position switching and dual tone circuits, gold anodized aluminum pickguard, aged white plastic parts (knobs, switch tip, pickup covers), Adjusto-Matic bridge with vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece, vintage-style tuners, chrome hardware, Vintage White finish and J Mascis signature on the back of the large 60s-style headstock.