Roland UA-S10 Super UA
The Roland Super UA combines audiophile sound quality, premium build quality and low latency performance into a next generation audio interface for Mac and PC. With native support for both 1-bit DSD and 32-bit PCM playback, the Super UA is the state-of-the-art in fidelity. Low-latency drivers deliver smooth and efficient performance with your favorite DAW. And its all-metal build, sculpted controls and smooth LED metering make it a pleasure to use and beautiful to behold.
Check out this video by Roland introducing the Roland Super UA audio interface:
Whether you're mixing and editing in the studio, or playing to sold-out crowds on the road, you need an interface that presents your music with stunning clarity and maximum impact. Roland's S1Lki DSP engine and high-resolution DAC support the latest high-resolution playback.
The Super UA's high-end DAC supports 2.8MHz/1-bit DSD and 192kHz/32-bit floating point PCM playback -- so you can experience the full resolution of your DAW's 32-bit audio engine. Hear the most precise edits and subtle mix details. On stage it makes softsynths and backing tracks sound their absolute best, leaving a lasting impression on your audience.
Today's musicians and producers are often on the go -- composing in a hotel room, editing on a plane, or mixing at home. The Super UA was designed with the modern -- and sometimes mobile - musician in mind. Its flexible design makes it feel permanent in the studio and yet easy to grab and go.
The Super UA consists of a main tabletop unit and a separate I/O module that connects with a single, sturdy cable. Connect your favorite mics and studio monitors to the I/O module's locking Neutrik XLR connectors. The main unit sits neatly on your table while its recessed, illuminated buttons allow direct access to all four inputs, two sets of monitors, and two sets of headphones.
In addition to the large, OLED-ringed volume knob, the main unit has two integrated TRS ins and outs that provide convenient extra I/O in the studio. This also means it can easily travel with you, providing balanced high-quality I/O to go. Leave your mics and monitors connected in your studio and take the 2in/2out main unit with you on the road, to a gig, or anywhere life may take you.
Build quality was a prime consideration when developing the Super UA. Roland wanted it to feel solid and reliable. So it's made entirely of die-cast metal. It's smooth, accurate jog-dial has just the right amount of reassuring click. It grips whatever surface it's on and won't slide around. And the smooth LED meters and ring encoder are bold and beautiful.
While the Super UA was designed for audiophile-grade sound, it was also engineered for pro studio performance. Recording, mixing or playing live, you need reliable, low-latency operation with your favorite DAW and softynths. Roland's expertise in hardware design and years of experience in audio driver development mean you can breathe easy while you sound your best.
- Audiophile sound quality with 1-bit DSD and 32-bit PCM playback
- 4 in/4 out with Neutrik XLR and 1/4" connectors
- All die-cast metal build with simple, solid controls and LED meters
- Both 1/4" and 1/8" headphone jacks
- Detachable design. Go mobile without having to disconnect studio mics and monitors
- Recessed, illuminated buttons provide quick access to input and output volumes
- Clean, quiet operation with stunning clarity and dynamic range
- Low latency ASIO and Core Audio drivers
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
- PCM format: 6 channels, 2 channels
- DSD format: 2 channelsAudio Record Channels:
- PCM format: 2 channels
- * You cannot record in DSD format.Signal Processing:
- PCM format
- PC interface: 32 bits
- DA Conversion: 1 bit, 32 bits
- AD Conversion: 24 bit
- * When "D/A Conversion = 1 bit" is valid, DA conversion operates on 1 bit.DSD format:
- PC interface: 1 bit
- DA Conversion: 1 bitSampling Rate:
- PCM format
- PC interface: 352.8 kHz, 192 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- DA Conversion: 3.072 MHz, 2.8224 MHz, 192 kHz, 176.4 kHz
- AD Conversion: 192 kHz, 176.4 kHz
- * If the sampling rate is 352.8 kHz, the number of channels is limited to two channels, and playback is possible only via ASIO/Core Audio.
- * When "D/A Conversion = 1 bit" is valid, DA conversion operates on 3.072 MHz or 2.8224 MHz.DSD format:
- PC interface: 5.6448 MHz, 2.8224 MHz *
- DA Conversion: 2.8224 MHz
- * 5.6448 MHz DSD data is down-converted to 2.8224 MHz for playback.
- DSD Format Playback Method: DoP version 1.0Interface:
- Hi-Speed USBConnectors:
- Main unit
- PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- LINE OUT A jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, balanced
- I/O connector (Breakout Box)
- USB port: USB Type micro B
- DC IN connectorBreakout box:
- LINE OUT B jack: XLR type, balanced
- MIC 1 jack, MIC 2 jack: XLR type, balanced, phantom power (DC 48 V, 10 mA Max)
- * Current value per channel.Controller:
- MIC 1 button, MIC 2 button, LINE IN button, PHONES button, A button, B button
- Volume dialIndicator:
- Level indicator
- Volume indicator
- 48V indicatorNominal Input Level:
- LINE IN jack (1/4-inch TRS phone type): -28 - +4dBu
- MIC 1 jack, MIC 2 jack (XLR type): -60 - -2 dBuNominal Output Level:
- LINE OUT A jack (balanced): +4 dBu
- LINE OUT B jack (balanced): +4 dBu
- PHONES jack: -2 dBuMaximum Output Level:
- LINE OUT A jack (balanced): +22 dBu
- LINE OUT B jack (balanced): +22 dBu
- PHONES jack: +16 dBuPHONES Maximum Output Power:
- *** mW + *** mW (L + R, 40 ohms)
- ** mW + ** mW (L + R, 300 ohms)Headroom:
- 18 dBInput Impedance:
- LINE IN jack (1/4-inch TRS phone type): 12 k ohms (balanced)
- MIC 1 jack, MIC 2 jack (XLR type): 6.8 k ohms (balanced)Output Impedance:
- LINE OUT A jack: 600 ohms (balanced)
- LINE OUT B jack: 600 ohms (balanced)
- PHONES jack: 30 ohmsFrequency Response:
- 192.0 kHz: 20 Hz - 60 kHz (+0/-1 dB), 20 Hz - 90 kHz (+0/-5 dB)
- 176.4 kHz: 20 Hz - 60 kHz (+0/-1 dB), 20 Hz - 80 kHz (+0/-5 dB)
- 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz - 44 kHz (+0/-0.5 dB)
- 88.2 kHz: 20 Hz - 40 kHz (+0/-0.5 dB)
- 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz - 22 kHz (+0/-0.5 dB)
- 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+0/-0.5 dB)Residual Noise Level:
- LINE IN to LINE OUT A: -96 dBu typ. (SENS: min., 1 k ohms terminated, IHF-A)
- * Internal Direct Monitor Mixer setting
- INPUT level: 0 dBDynamic Range:
- AD block
- LINE IN: 112 dB typ. (SENS: min.)
- MIC 1, MIC 2: 111 dB typ. (SENS: min.)
- DA block
- LINE OUT A, LINE OUT B: 118 dB typ.Power Supply:
- AC AdaptorCurrent Draw:
- 1,000 mA Dimensions:
- Main unit: 115 (W) x 161 (D) x 44 (H) mm, 4-9/16 (W) x 6-3/8 (D) x 1-3/4 (H) inches
- Breakout Box (excluding cord): 136 (W) x 65 (D) x 42 (H) mm, 5-3/8 (W) x 2-9/16 (D) x 1-11/16 (H) inches
- Length of Breakout Box cord: 1.5 m 59-1/16 inchesWeight (excluding USB cable):
- 490 g, 1 lb 2 oz (main unit)
- 360 g, 13 oz (breakout box)Accessories:
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
- USB cable 1 m 3-1/3 inches
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):