Since their introduction in the '90s, Pioneer CDJs have changed the way DJs play music. Aspiring DJs looking to spin with CDs on pro-quality DJ gear need look no farther than the Pioneer CDJ-900 Professional CD/MP3 player. This deck plays practically any file type from a CD or USB drive, and sports powerful DJ tools like Slip, Quantize, and Auto Beat Loop which make DJing on the CDJ-900 more intuitive than ever. It also featured Pioneer's Pro DJ Link, which lets you synchronize up to four Pioneer CDJs to a single music library on hard drive, USB stick, or SD Card.
DJ Tech Tools
The CDJ-900 is packed with powerful tools which will help bring your DJ sets to life. The Analyze feature automatically measures the BPM and assigns a beat grid to every track in your library. A new Auto Beat Loop function can generate a four beat loop with the press of a button -- great for emergencies or transitions between tracks. Slip Mode is another useful tool that keeps the track playing silently in the background as you scratch, loop, reverse, or add effects. Playback will resume as normal as soon as you finish your break. Pioneer CDJs also feature a Quantize Mode, which automatically snaps beats to the beat grid, so you'll never skip a beat again.
Pro DJ Link: Leave Your Laptop at Home
The CDJ-900 is more than just a CD deck -- it's a professional multi-format player. With MP3 and audio CD support as well as USB file storage support and the ability to share libraries with Pro DJ Link, you can leave your laptop at home the next time you go out to gig. Just save your setlist to a USB drive or CD and you're ready to hit the road.
Rekordbox Software Included
Pioneer's propritary music-management software, Rekordbox, is a DJ's best friend. Import your music files, and Rekordbox automatically analyzes and prepares them for use with your CDJ. Rekordbox determines BPM/Tempo, displays waveforms, and lets you customize tags, track info, artwork, and playlists. You don't have to bring your laptop to the gig to put Rekordbox to work for you-- just transfer the files to a USB drive, and your CDJ will know what to do. And your CDJ-900 will even save a play history that you can review later on your computer at home.
- Professional multi-format CDJ
- Supports MP3, AAC, WAV, and AIFF audio formats on CD or USB memory stick
- USB file systems supported: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, and HFS+
- Control cues and loops right form the CDJ-900
- Slip Mode keeps the beat going while you add your own break
- Quantize Mode ensures beats always fall exactly on time
- Auto Beat Loop function makes it easy to keep the beat going during transitions
- Sync up to four CDJ-900 or CDJ-2000nexus players with one shared music source using Pro DJ Link
- 24-bit/48 kHz internal soundcard
- 24-bit Wolfson digital/analog converters
- HID and MIDI compatibility via USB for controlling popular DJ software
- Stereo RCA output and S/PDIF output
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Compatible Media: Music CD, CD-R, CD-RW, USB Devices
Compatible Files: MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
File Systems Compatible with USB Storage: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, HFS+
Frequency Range: 4Hz - 20kHz
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 115dB or higher (JEITA)
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.0003% (JEITA)
USB Ports: USB-A (1), USB-B (1)
Link Port: LAN / 100 base - tx
Audio Output Terminals: AUDIO OUT (RCA) x1, DIGITAL OUT (COAXIAL) x1
Other Terminals: CONTROL (f3.5mm mini plug) x1
Audio Output Voltage: 2.0 Vrms
Power Supply to Use: 120 V ac (60Hz)
Power Consumption: 26W
Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H): 12.01 x 14.78 x 4.55 in.
Unit Weight: 8.6lbs
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 800-421-1404 or 800-782-7210
Adapting to today's variety of media formats, the CDJ-900 enables playback of MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF audio files from CDs and USB memory devices. A USB port located on top of the turntable enables users to quickly connect an external storage device such as a Tonium Pacemaker(tm) or a hard drive packed with music files, minimizing the need to bring a laptop computer to performances.
- Multi format playback: MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF audio files on CD and USB memory devices
- Slip Mode creates smooth transitions when Loop, Reverse or Scratch ends
- Advanced auto beat loop
The CDJ-900 turntable includes rekordbox(tm), Pioneer's proprietary music management software that organizes and catalogs a DJ's entire music library. When music files are imported to rekordbox, the software analyzes each file and prepares them for use specifically with the CDJ turntable. Key elements of Pioneer's rekordbox software:
- Beats Per Minute (BPM) Data - BPM / Tempo information for each song is identified and processed into rekordbox for use by the DJ in preparing and performing a set.
- Waveform Data - The waveform of each song is identified and then displayed on the bottom screen for quick data visualization.
- Tag Info & Artwork - Edit and customize the file information to performance needs.
- Hot Cues, Cue Points, and Loops - Prepare and customize cues and loops as well as create and manage hot cue banks.
- Playlists - Create, edit and manage customized playlists for various performances.
- Beatgrid - Utilizing the quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on-beat. The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and synching beats during manual looping or a real-time cueing, preventing off beat mistakes.
Users can then transfer analyzed music files to their preferred storage media and play them directly from the CDJ turntable. The software offers song information that can be viewed easily during performances on the CDJ's large display to quickly search and access content by genre, title, BPM, etc. Also, as analyzed tracks are played through the CDJ product, the turntable automatically creates and saves a play history enabling users to review past performances on their PCs.
Pro DJ Link
The turntables feature Pioneer's Pro DJ Link that enables up to four CDJ-2000/900s to be connected via the Link Port to share a single music source, whether it is a hard drive, USB and/or SD memory card. Once linked, users have the ability to quickly find, display and choose the music file from a connected source through the CDJ's built-in display and control knobs. A quick turn of the knob lets users scroll through created files and folders and a push of the knob confirms the song choice.
The turntable features a 24-bit/48 kHz sound card and HID and MIDI control compatibility via USB port. Up to 35 controls on the surface of each player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effecters and software by way of HID and/or MIDI. The HID controls were implemented into the player for superior interfacing with software, faster communication speed over MIDI, audio/visual streaming and two-way information on the display. HID enables easy, precise and native control of DVS systems such as Serato(tm) Scratch Live, Native Instruments' Traktor series and MixVibes Cross2 without the need for time-coded discs.
- Slip Mode - When activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and continues audible playback at the exact time when the loop, reverse or scratch is ended creating smoother transitions.
- Advanced Auto Beat Loop - The CDJ-900 generates a four-beat loop at a touch of a button creating a customized sound to provide more time for DJs to blend in transitioning music.
For more accurate tempo control while mixing, the player is enhanced with increased frame increments of 0.5 frames that allow the DJ to set a cue point or loop point with more precision. To achieve the highest sound quality, the CDJ-900 was equipped with the audio industry's highly respected Wolfson DAC processor, delivering a very transparent, accurate audio signal resulting in a highly improved signal-to-noise ratio and increased headroom.